What's new

Handwriting samples, pics! Let us see yours.

$writing.jpg
This is my Chicken Scratch.

I said I'd play along... here we go! Please take into consideration that I write very, very little and am very out of practice. Getting an FP a few weeks ago has gotten me to write more, but I still don't have a ton of time to spend practicing.

$sample.jpg

Good luck.

???

Its just the only flex pen I know off the top of my head at a fairly reasonable in price. I may just send my Parker dentists pen in for repair since it has some flex, but I would like a flexy nib to play around with. Are they not worth the effort?

-Xander

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
???

Its just the only flex pen I know off the top of my head at a fairly reasonable in price. I may just send my Parker dentists pen in for repair since it has some flex, but I would like a flexy nib to play around with. Are they not worth the effort?

-Xander
I gave up on mine- too much tinkering. When i get it adjusted so it flows well, the exposed part of the feed is always very wet. None of my other pens do this.

Keep at it man it will be awesome to see what it looks like in a few weeks after some practice
I said I'd play along... here we go! Please take into consideration that I write very, very little and am very out of practice. Getting an FP a few weeks ago has gotten me to write more, but I still don't have a ton of time to spend practicing.

View attachment 276396

... Considering a Noodlers Ahab this month...

Good luck.

???...it has some flex, but I would like a flexy nib to play around with. Are they not worth the effort?

-Xander

I got mine working pretty well, and I suppose all the fiddling that I did with it first was instructive. Then I decided I had too many pens with ink in them, and flushed it (for now). I actually liked the humble Noodler's piston flex bettter, the slimmer profile was more comfortable for me, it worked perfectly immediately (more luck of the draw that anything probably) and it's a bit cheaper. It's empty at the moment too, though.

I never really used the flex on those, however. Oh, I pressed a bit to see how it worked, but I find that for normal writing I don't care about line variation and shading (although it's interesting to see what emerges naturally). Every now and then, if I'm doing a hand written greeting card for a special occasion, I'll slow way down and try to get fancy. I've even got a couple of vintage pens with gold flex nibs, but I find that almost all the time I just write with them, enjoying the smoothness of the nibs, but not trying for any special effects.

Ok, back to our regularly scheduled programming!

Some of you likely read my thread about the Parker Vacumatic franken pen I purchased, well here is the teaser shot of what this nibs potential is...

proxy.php

The nib is an Eversharp Gold Seal Flexible, jammed into the Parker section which cracked it and the nib is sprung as well. I managed to get it working for now, but it has some bad habits that need to be worked out. Please forgive the shakey hand writing, not feeing well tonight. This is just some goofing around, learning how to control a flexible nib during writing movements compared to drawing and sketching.

-Xander

Top Bottom