What's new

Goodbye P.160

I just cut off pieces of about 50 grammes and fold that into my soap bowl which stays in the bathroom. The rest I leave in its original packaging stored in the bedroom.

I just got my first (and I guess, last) tub from BullGooseShaving.net.

I ordered it in a "panic" becuase of this thread (ok, maybe "on a whim" is more accurate) and I like the smell.

Now I'm torn about trying it. Either I'll like it a lot, and have to live with the fact that I can't get it any more, or I won't like it and I'll feel very impulsively foolish...

Still, glad I got some. And I don't know why.

Is there such a thing as "Obsolete Products AD"?

I just got my first (and I guess, last) tub from BullGooseShaving.net.

I ordered it in a "panic" becuase of this thread (ok, maybe "on a whim" is more accurate) and I like the smell.

Now I'm torn about trying it. Either I'll like it a lot, and have to live with the fact that I can't get it any more, or I won't like it and I'll feel very impulsively foolish...

Still, glad I got some. And I don't know why.

There is indeed. When Noxzema Lather Shave cream was discontinued a few years ago, I got involved because people still wanted it and there were tubes available in the stores here in Modena. I never tried it for that very reason, what if I like it? If I could get more, there are still people who would buy it in a heartbeat.

There is indeed. When Noxzema Lather Shave cream was discontinued a few years ago, I got involved because people still wanted it and there were tubes available in the stores here in Modena. I never tried it for that very reason, what if I like it? If I could get more, there are still people who would buy it in a heartbeat.

Although I've never tried it, from what I hear (from Italian friends) Noxzema Lather Shave is basically Prep Cream. I haven't been able to verify this first hand yet.

Oh yes.

I (literally) have a closet full of obsolete products (it's a linen closet that is my shave den) - DE, SE, and injector razors (I think I have only a single razor that's currently in production); a slowly growing collection of discontinued shaving soaps - growing slowly only because I don't find many I haven't already acquired; and a growing growing growing collection of discontinued aftershaves and colognes; and a dozen or so vintage brushes (many with wonderful original hair!).

Coincidentally, I was working on a breaking in a couple of boar brushes last night and happened to grab my tin of P.160 to lather 'em up.... I see this thread - and I kick myself for "wasting" some irreplaceable soap on the palm of my hand!

Beware the ADs for vintage goods.

i have 1000g of Morbido coming to me now. How do you all store this stuff. I may order another 1000g of it, but im apprehensive about it not spoiling.

Just for a better informed answer to this, for those curious.

On the boxes I got of delivered last week of P.160, it shows the soap being good for 36 months after opening. I find these dates to be very conservative in nature.

Just found an online Italian shop which still sells the duro and morbido for €4,5 per brick.
Ordered the morbido this time since I still have at least 900grams of the duro.

BTW, I didn't use P.160 for a long time. The brick still smells like marzipan, but the piece I molded in a container is more bitter now.
Performance is still the same though and the soap is not rancid.

Just found an online Italian shop which still sells the duro and morbido for €4,5 per brick.
Ordered the morbido this time since I still have at least 900grams of the duro.

BTW, I didn't use P.160 for a long time. The brick still smells like marzipan, but the piece I molded in a container is more bitter now.
Performance is still the same though and the soap is not rancid.

How are the shipping costs to Belgium/Holland?

How are the shipping costs to Belgium/Holland?

According to their online form, it should be €8 for the package (I ordered some other stuff as well for a total weight of at least 10kg).
Standard mail though.
We'll see what they come up with.

But I ordered two times a large packet at some other Italian site (+5kg) and I paid no more then €20.
Compare that to Provence Sante who wanted to charge €15 for 1 piece of their shaving soap (150grams?). Ridiculous. It is a neighbor country!
I never buy any French soaps anymore, nor online in France in general. Their shipping costs are insane.

Especially since I found out that the so called typical Provence products as Provence Sante is unknown there. Not even by professional barbers.

According to their online form, it should be €8 for the package (I ordered some other stuff as well for a total weight of at least 10kg).
Standard mail though.
We'll see what they come up with.

But I ordered two times a large packet at some other Italian site (+5kg) and I paid no more then €20.

20 seems more likely. Even within Holland 10 kilos will cost more than 8 euros.
But they have nice stuff. BTW who or what is Provence Sante :tongue_sm:laugh:

20 seems more likely. Even within Holland 10 kilos will cost more than 8 euros.
8<

I thought it was a little cheap too.
But on the other hand. I received an automatic email confirming the order (checkout & payment) which states clearly the products, the total amount (TVA included), the shipping costs and delivery address (to Belgium).
To me this is a legal and binding contract.
Otherwise they should made it impossible for a foreigner to do a checkout at those rates while stating to mail them for the exact shipping rates abroad.

I thought it was a little cheap too.
But on the other hand. I received an automatic email confirming the order (checkout & payment) which states clearly the products, the total amount (TVA included), the shipping costs and delivery address (to Belgium).
To me this is a legal and binding contract.
Otherwise they should made it impossible for a foreigner to do a checkout at those rates while stating to mail them for the exact shipping rates abroad.

I tried to put an order on, but it did not work :blush: Did not get an order form either. Tried to register on the site: no luck, you need an Italian tax number, Dutch ones are not accepted. Tried to pay for the items in the shopping cart: not allowed to check out. Perhaps I should change my address from Brabant to Flanders?

I tried to put an order on, but it did not work :blush: Did not get an order form either. Tried to register on the site: no luck, you need an Italian tax number, Dutch ones are not accepted. Tried to pay for the items in the shopping cart: not allowed to check out. Perhaps I should change my address from Brabant to Flanders?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/11468227/Italian-Tax-Code

This is how I got my unofficial Italian tax code. It worked after I removed the spaces from the one that was generated according to the instructions mentioned on that site.

Thanks, now it worked. But mind you that shipping cost is for inside Italy.

I know, but act and pretend to be naive and uninformed. :sneaky2:

Their site is not ready for foreigners yet ;)

In that case they should have made it impossible for foreigners to do a checkout & payment via the online application. :mad3:
It is as simple as that.
It is not a bug in their application, but a flaw in their business rules which should be obvious before putting your site online. It is online for more than a year apparently.

But I payed by PayPal, so like you I am curious to see what happens now :laugh:

So did I and I understand that the payments via Paypal are insured?
Again, they confirmed my order mentioning the total cost (products + TVA + shipping costs), shipping address and that the payment was done.
To me it sounds like a legal an binding contract.
we'll see.

Top Bottom