What's new

Goodbye P.160

That is true, my daughter is paying my bill, so I do not mind :tongue_sm

My order still has not shipped yet.
My daughter also ordered some things for me from Spain: they were sent of the same day and should arrive tomorrow by UPS (4 days total). So I am reconsidering Italian products, alas...

Last edited:
I got my Kilo last week. Stright out of the box, I love the smell. So good you want to take a bite out of it. I haven't figured out exactly how much soap/water to use to get the best lather, but my shaves are going well. My one critique is that the lovely smell does not stick around after I make my lather. The bowl of lather has a hint of goodness left, but mostly a plain soapy smell. Once I put the lather on my face, all I smell is soap, like a pure ivory soap kinda smell. Anyone else experience this?

Yeah, I'm with you on this one. I don't get any of the scent as I'm shaving, whereas the Cella keeps the scent incredibly well as you shave.

My daughter also ordered some things for me from Spain: they were sent of the same day and should arrive tomorrow by UPS (4 days total). So I am reconsidering Italian products, alas...

And now I get a mail stating that they gave me a quote a week ago and are still waiting for payment? They were paid the very same day for the difference in shipping cost. Have mailed them the payment details. This will be the last thing I do with Italians...

Arrived as scheduled, all in good order: 4 kilos for 18 euro :thumbup1:

Got the same e-mail, I'm still waiting for a quote on the shipping cost (buying p160, vittos and some other stuff).

cegadede,

When you get your "Susan Darnell Vitos" would you mind posting a review on it?

This is a really hard to find soap & expensive to ship. Nonetheless, I'm in love with Italian soft soaps and willing to pay the cost if the reviews deem it worth while.

Has anyone tried Susan Darnell Vitos?

Just ordered a kilo of this and some cella. Should be here next week. Never tried either, but I'm looking forward to it. Glad to be able to have some of this soon to be extinct Italian soap. It was $40 shipped btw...not sure if that's on the high side or not, but for 1,000g I thought it worth it.

cegadede,

This is a really hard to find soap & expensive to ship. Nonetheless, I'm in love with Italian soft soaps and willing to pay the cost if the reviews deem it worth while.

Hi Zepher,

I tried it, as I did with both P160 and Crema Cella. I always liked the Crema Cella most, but recently, the psychology of the P160 being so hard to get (for us too) makes that I use it more often. I like the smell very much and in daily use, it's good. It can be sometimes almost too sweet, if you have done a couple of Proraso days.

I like the Crema Cella for it's ease to lather and for the fact that there always seems to be more lather for a 2nd or 3rd pass.

There the Crema Cella in my opinion stands out over the P160 and Vitos.

As for the Vitos: It's not as hard as the duro but much harder than the morbido. It;s got a smell that's a bit more classic and it takes care of a good shave. The lather is fine and gives me a comfortable shave.

But we're talking quality soaps here for all four so dfferences are more personal than that one soap is much more inferior than others.

Good luck!

Eric

There the Crema Cella in my opinion stands out over the P160 and Vitos.

As for the Vitos: It's not as hard as the duro but much harder than the morbido. It;s got a smell that's a bit more classic and it takes care of a good shave.

Eric

Eric, is the way Vitos performs close to the P.160 or just different?

As for its 'classic' smell; would that be barbershop-like or a less (than P.160) sweet almond?

Thanks,
Harrie

Eric, is the way Vitos performs close to the P.160 or just different?

As for its 'classic' smell; would that be barbershop-like or a less (than P.160) sweet almond?

Thanks,
Harrie

Hi Harrie,

I don't feel like there is much difference in performance. I mean, when I stepped up to the Italian soaps from the many standard gilette-like soaps and creams, there was the big difference. With these Italian examples, they all seem to be able to give you a close, comfortable, nice-smelling shave. It comes down to the amount of (hot) water, the brush (pretty standard in my case), the way you have been able to wet your face before, the time since the last shave, that determine which soap I use.

The Smell of the Vitos is "smooth" It's a bit like you would expect a shaving soap to smell. Less almond than the Cella, surely much less sweeter than the P160's.

I would say, you would have to try a sample for yourself from some shop....

Bye,

Eric

cegadede,

He cancelled his order. I ordered the cream (like the Proraso cream in the large tube - 500 ml), but I am not sure I will get it, tho it was paid for...

M

Mateo

Curious how P.160 compares with Cella and Valobra. I have both and am equally impressed with them. Do I need to get some P.160 before it is extinct?

Top Bottom