What's new

Front Pocket Wallets

Had been using a Saddleback sleeve wallet for years
saddleback.jpg

but switched a while back to TGT.
TGT.jpg

The Saddleback is still going strong. However, it is bit wider and taller than the TGT -- though the TGT is thicker. The Saddleback is fine as long as you're carrying the same amount of stuff in it but I sometimes change the number of cards that I carry and the elastic in the TGT just works better for me.

Last edited:
Popov has a preorder for a new flat wallet on their website. It looks like they are offering some flexibility in the layout and the price is excellent for a leather wallet.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Oh, my Mitchell Bison wallet came in last thing. This thing feels amazing. It could easily hold 8 cards, but I only loaded 5 in it. I only had two more anyway- library card and Red Robin rewards card. Since my phone number works, I don't need that. I will just keep the library card in my desk for when I need it. I am loving this thing.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG

I have one of those cell phone (IPhone) protectors that has a flap cover that has slots for my credit card, drivers license and my work ID plus a small compartment for a couple of folded bills for those rare moments when I need cash. No more wallet...and I always have my cell phone with me.

I carry something similar in my front pocket now. I had a rear wallet throw me out so much that I pinched a nerve, causing severe pain in my left leg and another left item :)
It is actually a condition known as "Credit-carditis" or "hip-pocket syndrome". Thick wallets carried in the back pocket on the same side every day eventually presses on the sciatic nerve...causing lots of pain. I had it years ago and have never carried my wallet in my rear pocket since.

Last edited:

Just an update, I had my Mitchell Wallet for over a year and someone here just asked me how it held up and how dark did the leather get from wear.

It did darken a bit but this became my weekend wallet, where it's in my front jeans pocket, so in the ~14 months I had it, it probably saw about 100 days of pocket wear. Attached is what it looks like now.
Mitchell wallet back.jpg
Mitchell wallet front.jpg
Mitchell wallet inside.jpg
Mitchell wallet back.jpg

I've had a Mitchell money clip wallet for a few years now, use it every day, and it still looks pretty good. The leather has a wonderful character now (was well as a few faded stickers "given" to me by my kids) with zero stitch failures. Slimming down to just 5 cards was my best decision ever, I don't miss all those other ones. I highly recommend this wallet, especially if you get a new one every year as the card pockets rip out.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Regardless of what size the wallet is, I still have to fit all this into it. To remedy the problem, I simply switched all my work pants to Duluth Trading Company firehose cargo pants and keep my wallet in a cargo pocket. When I’m not working, I carry one of those folding money clip things with one credit card, one debit card, drivers license, and of course, cash.
72BE99C5-2FBB-4B4A-8638-9399BFCFD223.jpeg

Popov makes really nice front pocket wallets.

Saddleback is another option but they are a bit thicker.

Both quality leather.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I had never heard of front pocket wallets. I have always carried my cards in a card holder separate to my normal wallet. Normal wallet in my back pocket and the card holder in my shirt pocket. My train of thought was that if my normal wallet was last/stolen/pickpocketed , my credit/debit cards were in a different pocket and I still had them but no cash/license etc. That went the other way too so that if I lost my cards I still had cash. When I turned 21 I received 8 wallets from different family members and friends and I have not had to buy a wallet for years. I still have enough to last me until I die. I am 53 and still have 3 of them left. they are probably out of fashion now but fashion does go in cycles. Maybe they will be in fashion again.

I've been watching this thread for a while (I posted April 2017). I had my eye on the limited edition Chromexcel wallet in green, which of course is no longer available. I just now finally ordered one, a Chromexcel burgundy wallet. I may also order a separate card case, we'll see.

I carry an MB card carrier. One credit card, one debit card, one ID, two bills folded in half (a hundred and a twenty).

proxy.php

I used to carry a regular wallet, but in all honesty, once I could load my cards into my phone I only need a single physical card. I'd ditch the debit card, but I like having a backup.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I've been using a Rogue front pocket wallet in deerskin for almost a year now. It holds a reasonable number of cards and works great. Made in Maine.

I have been using a Thread&Leather "The Wrap" wallet since 2014. It was a Kickstarter project in 2013 that went mainstream.

Highly recommended. You used to be able to get them as a kit but it appears that option is no longer available.
I have one I carry daily and one in kit form. I'll never need another wallet. They are made of thin goatskin, very durable, comfortable and quite versatile.
threadandleather.com

Last time I recommended it to a friend, he bought a kit, sewed it himself and then bought me lunch because he was so pleased with the wallet.

This is my wallet

proxy.php

Actually, I've been carrying Style N Craft's Hipster wallet (black) for the past 10 years. I think I'm on my third one. It's big enough to carry all the junk I stuff in it, but isn't so big that I can't pull it out of my back pocket quickly. The leather is nice and soft and I am never embarrassed pulling it out to pay for stuff. I only have credit cards, atm cards, discount cards that I actually use and a few receipts (no, not as many as George). The wallet is available on Amazon. And for my currency, I stick it in a Johnston & Murphy magnetic money clip. I like the money clip idea because I don't have to pull out my entire wallet every time I need to buy a roll of Butter Rum Life Savers. This combo works nicely for me.

598127B5-F87D-491D-A145-AC9A41140024.jpeg
18A66A73-6F32-43DC-9715-91C7A77DC1C9.jpeg
8BA9CF9B-A9FB-43C7-9B0A-E0F7F75A02D5.jpeg
A6D41077-CCFE-4011-9B28-73B216AA52E8.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom