What's new

Front Pocket Wallets

I currently carry a triHOLD in my front pocket, and a Slimfold in the back. I had a Tyvek version from slimfold for a while, but the nylon is much nicer.

I have a Wrap from thread and leather...but haven't yet managed to get it sewn, should've bought the finished one instead of the kit.
Between ID, Discover, Visa, FSA, debit card, other ATM card, health insurance card, Costco card, AAA card...if I tried to carry that all in one be wallet, and some cash, it'd be ridiculous.

I REALLY love the big Slimfold, very thin. Plus I need to sew that darn Wrap...

I've never heard of a front pocket wallet before now, but I'm grateful you shared. I've found myself carrying my wallet in my front pocket more often theses days, especially during long car rides. It's just not comfortable to sit on my wallet these days.
Now I need to do some research and get some ideas as to what I need for my specific needs, then break out my leather and tools inorder to make one for myself.

I'm using the Mitchell money clip wallet.
It disappears nicely in my front pocket.
An excellent product. I'm never going back to my George Costanza wallet.

Thanks for posting this. My wallet last year was similar to George Costansa Wallet. I had receipts, business cards royalty cards gift cards even post it notes but no mints. I carried it in my front pocket and it locked very bulky. Now I carry a flipside wallet and love it. No more huge wallet and no clutter. It was difficult for me to change and not carry as much stuff, but it had to be done.

www.flipsidewallet.com

Here is my old wallet after getting cleaned out a bit. I had it for like 7 years.

proxy.php

Here is what I have now

proxy.php

What a difference and I do carry it in my front pocket. Not bulky at all.

Last edited:
I've never really carried my wallet in my back pocket. I remember seeing my dad's wallet as a kid... The darn thing was a good 2-3 inches thick, and I always wondered how the heck he sat down. Back then there wasn't much reason for me to carry a wallet at all, but now, every pair of pants I own has cargo pockets, and I just put my wallet in one of those.

I carry a card case in my front pocket - Amex, bank card, license, insurance card and that's it. I don't even know it's there.

My chiropractor has recently told me to stop carrying wallets in my back pocket, as I have been having a lot of lower back and pelvis issues.

I've started carrying a front pocket wallet, which is a new experience, but it is growing on me fast. You are limited in the amount of cards you can carry, but everything just kind of disappears in your front pocket. I've caught myself freaking out a couple of times, thinking I've lost my wallet, before realizing it was in my front pocket all along.

I'm carrying one of the models from Rogue Industries, available on Amazon US. Holds 8 or 9 cards plus cash, is very slim, RFID shielded, and is cut to mimic the shape of your pants pocket. Loving it so far, though I don't know how well it will hold up.

Has anyone else tried a front pocket wallet, and if so what is your experience? Any brands to avoid or to look for?
I've moved to the front pocket for the same reason. I use my old tri-fold, but I've had to reduce the cards I carry. Most of my reward program cards I now use are key fob style. The first couple years of front pocket I'd have the panic moments. I haven't had one for quite a long time.

I'm using the Mitchell money clip wallet.
It disappears nicely in my front pocket.

I use the same thing. It's a little tight at first, but I keep 2-3 cards in each slot, and a little cash makes no real difference. A lot of cash thickens it up a good bit, but I rarely have that issue. The clip is secure and easy to work with. The quality is top notch, and there are a ton of leather options. I've had mine for a few years and it's showing no signs of wear, other than the outside looking like leather that gets carried around. It fits in front or back pockets without being intrusive at all.

Legion

Staff member
I made my own. It has two pockets for the few cards I carry every day, and is made in such a way as the cards work as a money clip to hold the folded bills in the middle.

So far it has lasted well over a couple of years, and shows no sign of failing.

I made my own. It has two pockets for the few cards I carry every day, and is made in such a way as the cards work as a money clip to hold the folded bills in the middle.

So far it has lasted well over a couple of years, and shows no sign of failing.

Pic? I'd like to see it. Sounds like a neat project.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
^^^ I second that motion.

I tried a flipside but just could not bond with it. If it had a leather or soft outer I may have liked it more.
Next I picked up a Popov 5 card wallet in driftwood, which I like a lot. https://www.popovleather.com/collec...ts/driftwood-chromexcel-5-card-leather-wallet

I have not carried cash for some years now. There are apps than you can load your loyalty cards onto you smartphone so no need to carry those in a wallet. So downsizing the wallet was not too hard at all and I'm now enjoying carrying less in my wallet.

Legion

Staff member
Pic? I'd like to see it. Sounds like a neat project.

^^^ I second that motion.

I tried a flipside but just could not bond with it. If it had a leather or soft outer I may have liked it more.
Next I picked up a Popov 5 card wallet in driftwood, which I like a lot. https://www.popovleather.com/collec...ts/driftwood-chromexcel-5-card-leather-wallet

I have not carried cash for some years now. There are apps than you can load your loyalty cards onto you smartphone so no need to carry those in a wallet. So downsizing the wallet was not too hard at all and I'm now enjoying carrying less in my wallet.

OK. I've posted it before, but here is...

proxy.php

proxy.php

I carry a card case in my front pocket - Amex, bank card, license, insurance card and that's it. I don't even know it's there.

Me too. I have never been able to tolerate a wallet in my back pocket. I use a leather business card holder in my front pocket. Easily holds my license, DOT card, work ID, bank card, Credit card, insurance cards and a $20.

I stopped carrying a wallet in by back pocket a couple years ago. I currently use a Saddleback Leather sleeve wallet. It's enough to hold my cards and a couple emergency bills folded inside. If I want to carry more cash, I just carry it folded up separately or in a clip.

I just carry a money clip in my front pocket, and I've been doing that for a good ten years or so. It carries the cards and cash that I need.

Here's my money clip. Hook 'em Horns! (Note the Lone Star of Texas.) And Bevo.

$IMG_0052.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't even know these were a thing ... I have been having issues with nerves in my legs this might help.

Thanks I am going to get one.

Top Bottom