What's new

Formula 1 2013 Season Thread

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I've been following F1 for over 35 years now, and it's rare that I root for Ferrari. Now that they have two of my favorite drivers*, I wouldn't mind if they were the ones to knock Red Bull off their perch.

*Not just my favorite, but two of the best- they're tough, dependable, and always charging.

I've been following F1 for over 35 years now, and it's rare that I root for Ferrari. Now that they have two of my favorite drivers*, I wouldn't mind if they were the ones to knock Red Bull off their perch.

*Not just my favorite, but two of the best- they're tough, dependable, and always charging.

I've been thinking the same thing ever since Kimi got announced he was moving. Been watching since 95 and never liked Ferrari, but I do not mind Alonso at all and Kimi is well.....unique. Will be an interesting next season no matter how the rule changes shake things up.

I am curious to see what Perez will do in the final two races having been sacked for next year.

He showed great promise in the Sauber but he was not able to carry that into this year. After his boss told him to toughen up early in the season, he pulled some questionable moves every now and then.

Will he be even more (over)determined to put himself in the spotlights or will he feel relieved of pressure and just race on his natural abilities? (I hope the latter)

Another runaway race for Seb.

Good race from Botas, I am happy to see him move ahead of his teammate in the standings with his first points.

What happened between Maldonado and Sutil? It's very odd to see contact + crash without any investigation these days.

Dang man, Andretti should not be allowed to the podium interviews.

Botas did great. So did Ricciardo, and Hulk damn near had Alonso there at the end. Super glad to see Heikki back and doing well for just coming back. Can't wait to see Hulk vs Grosjean in the same car next year. I think, and hope, Hulk crushes him. No pun intended.

Season over.

Seb did finish it in style.

Let's hope for more level performances nex year.

I hope Maldonado does not get a seat for 2014. He may be quick but he is an absolute muppet when it comes to interacting with other cars. Maybe his big sponsor money will be useless because other sponsors of his prospect teams can not bear having their logo on his car.

Gonna miss Mark. Anyone else think it was supper cool when he drove the slow down lap without a crash helmet or gloves?

Totally agree about Maldonado, he is a tool for sure. Him and Perez can go play with each other way far away from the race track for all I care. I see EJ predicts Maldonado will be at Lotus next years. I hope he's wrong.

Hope McLaren will be a major contender again,if not next year already then certainly for 2015 when the McLaren - Honda partnership is reestablished :)

I found it an enjoyable season. I look forward to 2014. Kimi back in a Ferrari with all the technical staff they've gathered should be interesting. I too could live without Maldonado, but I like Perez. I think Martin got him a ride in a Force India. I hope Hulk winds up with the Lotus seat, but I think it's unlikely. Can't wait to see how the powertrains shake out at the beginning of the season.

See you all in March!

Hope McLaren will be a major contender again,if not next year already then certainly for 2015 when the McLaren - Honda partnership is reestablished :)

Saw that!

The sound of the V6 is not impressive compared with the recent V8s, the beastly V10s and the screamin V12s.

Last edited by a moderator:
No F1 engine was ever designed to sound good. With the current state of technology character is bound to lose out.

If an engine formula was written for the sake of the sound, it would be just as fake as designing tyres for the purpose of entertainment.

No F1 engine was ever designed to sound good. With the current state of technology character is bound to lose out.

If an engine formula was written for the sake of the sound, it would be just as fake as designing tyres for the purpose of entertainment.
Ironic that you say that since it is what they have done with the tires for the past couple of seasons.

You have to remember that F1 is also about entertainment. An aspect they try to retain through regulation.

The sound is part of the live experience and therefore it holds some value. Due to the design, a turbocharged engine will have a muffled sound. Not a big deal, though, I was just being nostalgic (something B&B is not know for :laugh: ).

I share your sense for nostalgia. I have far more affinity with classic racing cars but I just do not think it makes sense to force it back in.

The sound of this still makes me happier than any F1 engine that I can remember:

Last edited by a moderator:
The FIA have announced double points will be awarded at the final race from 2014 in order to potentially keep the championships alive for longer.

In my opinion this is a bad decision from a sports point of view. Championships are won or lost throughout the season not in the final one. I do not see any justice in awarding double points unless the distance is doubled.

What if the championship is decided because of this rule? I think it would take away a chunk of the glory.

By the way, do we keep this thread going or is it time to start a '14 thread?

I think we should start a 2014 pre season thread. I will do so. There is much to discuss! Double points indeed. Pshaw.

Top Bottom