What's new

EIGHTH ANNUAL "One Blade in February" Challenge - 2017 Edition

My February Feather is still going. Hit 78 shaves today. I can see the Century mark on the horizon so I'm still chugging along. Still great close, comfortable shaves.

I just hit 111 Shaves on my "One Blade in February" Polsilver Super Iridium. :punk:
upload_2017-5-23_1-30-55.png

You could say I'm quite pleased considering my previous record was 31 shaves on a blade.
The great thing is that the blade feels as smooth and nearly as sharp as it did on February 1.

I'd like to extend my sincere thanks to all at the Excalibur Club for helping me to achieve this. :001_smile

Wow. If you have calipers, would be interesting to measure the used blade and a new one. See how much steel you wore away! Congrats @1Cal on the long run! 3 blades for a years shaves. Wow.

Congratulations, Cal. Now I'm really looking forward to trying my Polsilver SIs in the next month or so.
Thank you Spike. :001_smile

Let's know how you find the Polsilver SIs (when you get to them). I'm betting that you'll find them sharp and smooth straight out of the wrapper... and for a long time.

If you have calipers, would be interesting to measure the used blade and a new one. See how much steel you wore away!
I do have calipers, but I doubt if they'd be accurate enough to register any difference. I'll definitely measure them and post back here though (probably at the weekend).
Hey Hoka Hey, I've just measured my "120 shaves" blade and the unused one that was next to it in the five pack. I took several readings from both... and the end result:

120 blade width = 21.91mm
000 blade width = 21.91mm

So there you have it. :laugh: (But I'm betting the 0 blade is a lot sharper than the 120 blade. :wink2:)

Hey Hoka Hey, I've just measured my "120 shaves" blade and the unused one that was next to it in the five pack. I took several readings from both... and the end result:

120 blade width = 21.91mm
000 blade width = 21.91mm

So there you have it. :laugh: (But I'm betting the 0 blade is a lot sharper than the 120 blade. :wink2:)

Thanks 1Cal!
Interesting that "wear" doesn't mean removing any metal.
Thanks again for investigating.

My February Feather blade is still going strong. I just hit 100 shaves with it today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's know how you find the Polsilver SIs (when you get to them). I'm betting that you'll find them sharp and smooth straight out of the wrapper... and for a long time.

Hi Cal. My 'coverage' of the Polsilver SI starts with this post. It's safe to say I'm a big fan so far. Thanks for the encouragement.

Today marks the end of a very long journey since the beginning of February. 115 shaves later and my Feather blade finally decided to call it quits. What a great run! See you all next February.

Today marks the end of a very long journey since the beginning of February. 115 shaves later and my Feather blade finally decided to call it quits. What a great run! See you all next February.
:thumbup: Great stuff KJ!
BTW, did the blade just suddenly deteriorate? My curious mind needs to know as many details as possible.

Whatever, see you next February. :punk:

:thumbup: Great stuff KJ!
BTW, did the blade just suddenly deteriorate? My curious mind needs to know as many details as possible.

Whatever, see you next February. :punk:

I don't know, it must have. I go off of shave quality, and the length of time through the day that I can go before I feel appreciable stubble. Usually if I feel stubble by mid afternoon/evening then it's time for a new blade. Yesterday was fine, but I could see visible stubble, right after the shave. Not good at all. I set my Merkur down and finished with my Sticky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom