What's new

Café Acquisition Thread

Brought home 3 lb of Colombian and 3 lb of Kenya AA from the post office today.

Did a roast of the Colombian a little while. Drinking a cup right now!

Picked up my Yuuki-cha order from the Post Office...

- Biri Banko-Yaki Teapot from Tachi Masaki
- Organic Gyokuro Uguishu
- Organic Kirishima Asatsuyu Sencha

Pics, or it didn't happen!

proxy.php

Since you pulled my leg.

5 pounds of Colombian Excelso from greencoffeebuyingclub.com. Too good of a price to pass up and my stock of unroasted beans was getting low anyway.

Here's my latest purchase from Roosevelt coffee in Columbus. They serve and sell it which is nice that I got to try it their to compare to what I'm making at home. So far I'm still dialing it in on my Oscar/Vario...

proxy.php

linty1

My wallet cries.
This arrived today:
$IMG_0136 - Copy.jpg$IMG_0137.jpg$IMG_0138 - Copy.jpg$IMG_0139.jpg$IMG_0140.jpg

It's bigger than I thought! One issue, the wheel to make it coarser/finer doesn't "click" like say how a mini mill does.. so off to find some pictures and compare grinds.

I noticed I was running low on matcha today, so I decided to put in an order for more. Since I've been drinking Hibiki-an's Premium for a while, I decided to switch it up and try out the offerings at Yuuki-cha, since I've liked what I've had from them thus far.

So, a refill on matcha turned into...

- Organic Kirishima Matcha
- Organic Uji Matcha Yuuki Midori
- Organic Makurazaki Black Tea Hime Fuki
- Organic Miyazaki Oolong Tea Kuchinashi
- Organic Karigane Genmaicha
- Organic Sencha Genmaicha
- Organic Miyazaki Kamairicha Okumidori

:001_rolle

It was a big day today; finally tracked down a vintage Bunn O'Matic on Craigslist. $15 and it looks barely used. Shoutout to @turtle for coaching me through getting her set up. Also got a couple more 1/2# bags of Happy Mug.

IMG_4017.JPG

I see a nice Baratza and airscape in the background too...

Looks like you are getting serious about your brewski :yesnod:

Indeed! Bought the Encore, Airscape, and Aeropress last January. The Clever quickly followed, and I really enjoy the cups from it. But I needed a good machine for easy brewing before work during the week; enter the Bunn. The first go this morning with 51g of Happy Mug was a roaring success, with SWMBO saying it was the best cup of coffee she's had in a while.

Top Bottom