What's new

Café Acquisition Thread

La Colombe Corsica.

proxy.php

La Colombe Triple Draft Latte.

proxy.php

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Very very excited to have my first cake of puerh on its way from China!

"Yi Wu Millenary Old Tree Wild Shen Puer." Hope I picked well. The "Sheng of the Day" thread is some great reading! Some tea masters up there.

Also some Lapsang Souchong. If it was Winston Churchill's favorite ...

AA

linty1

My wallet cries.
Just picked up one of those Ikea upphetta french presses, read good reviews and at $9.99, I don't mind it it gets handled too roughly.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Yi Wu Millenary Old Tree Wild Shen Puer and Lapsang Souchong arrived yesterday from China!

Talking about expanding your horizons! Thanks, forum cha-masters.

The bing of sheng is amazing ... exotic; smells great. Will manage without a "tea needle," I think, to break off and rinse some for a cup tonight. :chinese: Saving the smoked tea for Saturday morning.

AA

Just placed my first green coffee order from roastmasters.

On its way:
- 5# Papua New Guinea Sigri Estate AA
- 2 # Kenya AA Nyawira microlot

This very unusual thermal carafe fell into my lap today..... It holds 1 liter and has a glass insert.

Has a paper label that says Studio Nova Japan.

Looks like I will be the first to put anything in it....

proxy.php

Another goodwill find.

You just gotta love Starbucks for putting out the $$$ to make these things.... AND you have to love goodwill for being their final resting place to be found by someone who appreciates them

It is a Starbucks branded Bodum press (has both names on it)

proxy.php

Here's a little something I picked up. A 1987 Olympia Cremina. It came with a Penney brass bottomless portafilter and tamper, thermometer and pressure gauge. Now to learn it!
proxy.php

My previous grinder was misbehaving, starting about 6 or 7 months ago. The the grounds chute would clog completely every few days. The missus got sick of that and said "Find a new grinder, I don't care if this one still works, I hate it!". Some discussions happened about what she hated about it (and things she didn't like about previous ones), I talked her up to the price range for what I really wanted, carefully... and after a week of waiting on shipping now, here it is!

IMG_20170914_163103.jpg

I restrained myself at the Columbus coffee fest and only ended up with 1 bag. It should be great as it is supposed to be versatile enough for pour over or espresso.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

For coffee day, 29 September, Pete's coffee in Berkeley, CA had a 25% off one day sale on all of their roasted coffee on their web site. I have 12 pounds coming., 10 of Organic French Roast and two of their Costa Rica Aurora light roast.

It's been raining off and on for the past few days and forecast is for more of the same

SO.....

SWMBO comes back from Harris-Teeter with a lb of beans from one of our local artisan roasting houses AND for $11... Yea a FULL pound.

Makes me wonder why I even bother roasting when I have this right down the street from us

Roasted 3 days ago

proxy.php

Top Bottom