What's new

Café Acquisition Thread

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Zen and Locomotive blends from Dark City Coffee.

I like these AirScape Lite containers. I have some fun with dry erase markers to keep track.
$Coffee.jpg

after 6 years of faithful service, my Capresso Infinity kicked the bucket. What a great excuse to buy an espresso starter kit!

Arriving this week
- Gaggia Classic
- Baratza Preciso
- stainless milk fothing pitcher
- Luigi Bormioli Espresso and Cappucino glasses (2 each)

after 6 years of faithful service, my Capresso Infinity kicked the bucket. What a great excuse to buy an espresso starter kit!

Arriving this week
- Gaggia Classic
- Baratza Preciso
- stainless milk fothing pitcher
- Luigi Bormioli Espresso and Cappucino glasses (2 each)

That should be a nice setup. Very similar to mine actually. I have a baby twin and Vario on the way.

$IMG_20160707_201912.jpg
Maiden voyage of the new acquisitions! (not pictured/installed yet: steam wand upgrade)

Took all of the will power I have to not pull 3 or 4 more shots

Just got the new grinder and dialed it in for some Starbucks blonde I had around. Pulled a 25 second shot (rough estimate with pre infusion) which I don't think I've ever done. I have a bag of Lavazza grand espresso coming later today so hopefully that is even better.
proxy.php

$IMG_20160712_175404.jpg

8 pound sampler from Sweet Maria's that included
- Bali panelokan Village
- Brazil Fazenda Santa Lucia Yellow Bourbon
- Burundi Busiga Maruri
- Colombia Planadas- Tres Fincas
- Congo Kivu Kahlehe Cooperative
- Costa Rica Jardin - Late Papaya
- Nicaragua Finca la Leguna
- Sumatra Mandheling Aceh Triple pick

Plus two that sounded interesting to me
- Burindi Kibumbu Kayokwe
- Tanzania Tarime Town Peaberry

Just got this monster and replaced the hopper with a shorter one. Ceado E37

Attachments

• $IMG_1274.JPG
    $IMG_1274.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 57
  • $IMG_1269.JPG
    $IMG_1269.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 57
A 6-cup Cuprinox Aluminium Moka espresso maker, a bargain for just €8,99 from my favourite gift shop in Magalluf, appropriately named "Aladdin's Cave"
$20161119_152313.jpg $20161119_152151.jpg $20161119_152226.jpg

Alongside my Liquid Refreshment Dispenser of choice, a pale green enamelled mug that I picked up at a Chinese Store in Palmanova for only €1. The coffee maker brews enough coffee to 3/4 fill the mug - it was the best Americano I've tasted for as long as I can remember.
After living in this apartment for over 10 years, I only just realised that the top of the extractor hood makes a convenient shelf for storage !! :lol:
The coffee is Aldi's own brand, not bad for just €1,09
I think I'll be trying a lot of different ground coffees in the near future - including Turkish coffee

$20161119_182530.jpg $20161119_182548.jpg

A Coffee Grinder
Time will tell if I got a good deal or not, but I've seen similar grinders with different coloured wood on Amazon for anywhere from $29.50 to $36.99 and when I saw one at auction on eBay for €11,46 with free shipping the cheapskate in me couldn't resist bidding on it.
I won the auction, now it's just a case of waiting for delivery on a slow boat from China - hopefully I'll get it before Christmas
Even if I don't like the taste of the coffee - it will make a nice paperweight or a kitchen ornament
http://www.ebay.es/itm/282271885270?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
proxy.php

Just got two 1/2lb bags of Happy Cup delivered. This is my first order with them. Roasted, ordered, and shipped on Tuesday, delivered today. Impressed so far!

proxy.php

Top Bottom