What's new

Better AC format razor than Yaqui Excalibur?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
The La Faulx has M5 threads so it will fit both handles you mentioned. I recently received mine and after two shaves, it quickly made it into my Top Razor List. I got mine in bronze and it is a thing of beauty.

RS_La Faulx 1.jpg

RS_La Faulx 2.jpg

The La Faulx has M5 threads so it will fit both handles you mentioned. I recently received mine and after two shaves, it quickly made it into my Top Razor List. I got mine in bronze and it is a thing of beauty.

View attachment 1731789

View attachment 1731790

View attachment 1731789

View attachment 1731790

The Yaqi Romulus at ~$57USD shipped complete with the handle is a great option IMHO.

I can't speak to how this one shaves compared to the Romulus because I have ever seen one in person but, after thinking about getting it or one of the Titanium options, I am really glad I went with the Romulus.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone that has experience with both razors!

The Yaqi Romulus at ~$57USD shipped complete with the handle is a great option IMHO.

I can't speak to how this one shaves compared to the Romulus because I have ever seen one in person but, after thinking about getting it or one of the Titanium options, I am really glad I went with the Romulus.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone that has experience with both razors!
Sorry but where is it available for 57 shipped?

Well I got my Romulus today , I was in a hurry to open the parcel and what a «surprise« there was a blade in the razor;)))
Well it is just a small cut 😀

Have a nice evening

Tam

Attachments

• IMG_3789.jpeg
    IMG_3789.jpeg
    746.7 KB · Views: 13
Yes, mine came with a blade too. The "cling wrap" or Saran Wrap was a real bugger to remove on mine too!

Yes, mine came with a blade too. The "cling wrap" or Saran Wrap was a real bugger to remove on mine too!
I think I will not try the supplied blade for my first shave but my favorite Schick ….just in order to have an unbiased idea about the Romulus….btw did someone tried the supplied blade ?

tam

I pitched mine because it was unmarked and I wanted to give the new razor a fair shake compared to its Zamak siblings with a 'common' blade.

I have been told the supplied blades are Feathers but, they are unmarked so at best I think it is speculation to consider them a Feather. With the blades being relatively cheap at <$1/each, I wouldn't stress over using it or not either way. I suspect Yaqi does this for people who don't have some AC Blades handy and need to mail-order them.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I very much like the Romulus, basically the steel version of the Excalibur. Threads are fine, maybe that's worth the extra. The whole razor is right now even on sale.

I unwrapped it without cutting myself. 😁They added that part that a blade is loaded by default to the description of the item on AliExpress. But it's easy to miss, the way they still manage to bury specs and important info still has that special Chinese quality. 🤪

I haven't tested it myself, but would an injector blade work in Excalibur/Romolus head? I am writing this to not forget myself to try it back at home.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Well after reading a few reviews and owning the Excalibur I pushed the buy button on the Yaqi Romulus polished version. Because I ordered some other supplies for sharpening my kitchen knifes and a wall clock mechanism at Ali_press that gave me a big discount coupons + Yaqi small $ coupon on Black Friday sale (11.11/23) that gave me the push to try one ($58.53 Can or $42.40US or about 40% discount). That is all I need is another beautiful razor :yikes::surrender::smile:! Should be back in a few weeks when it arrives.

Last edited:
After one week with my Romulus I came to the conclusion that I do prefer more blade feel.
Maybe i ll try with a Feather pro
Tam

Well after reading a few reviews and owning the Excalibur I pushed the buy button on the Yaqi Romulus polished version. Because I ordered some other supplies for sharpening my kitchen knifes and a wall clock mechanism at Ali_press that gave me a big discount coupons + Yaqi small $ coupon on Black Friday sale (11.11/23) that gave me the push to try one ($58.53 Can or $42.40US or about 40% discount). That is all I need is another beautiful razor :yikes::surrender::smile:! Should be back in a few weeks when it arrives.
Great score! That price is hard to beat too!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
After one week with my Romulus I came to the conclusion that I do prefer more blade feel.
Maybe i ll try with a Feather pro
Tam
If you like a little more blade feel I'm was thinking from your post a Feather Pro super blades might give a slight boost in blade feel because its slightly wider. It should extend it out (.25mm or 1/1000 of inches) for myself is a very tame booster blade exposure or blade feel + a thicker blade.
Feather AC blades.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Top Bottom