What's new

Before, During or After Shower?

Before, During or After Shower. When do you shave?

• Before Shower

• During Shower

• After Shower

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have tried after, before and during. Recently switched to before and the difference is minimal vs doing it after (in terms of smoothness of shave) I wet face with hot water, lather up and let the warm lather sit on my face while I pluck stray eyebrow hairs, etc. Then shave, then shower and rinse EVERYTHING off. Feels great and clean to step out of the shower knowing I don't have lather hiding somewhere behind my ears... then aftershave! so far so good!

When I was using a cartridge razor it was "after" for years and years, but I had transitioned to "during", shaving blind/by touch. Now that I started DE shaving it's always after.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I usually prefer to shave before I take a shower...
Marco:
+ 1 and with good prep, I always get a CCS. Then I shower after because it's so soothing and 'closes up'

any nicks and/or weepers.
proxy.php

Christopher :straight: "Laughter is the [shaving] brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of your heart." Mort Walker

I know perceived wisdom is shave after a shower but here it is sweaty hot and humid from early in the morning and I am usually wetter after toweling off from my shower than before I started. So to shave afterwards, sweating like a Scouser in Dixons would be no fun at all so it's wet face with hottish water, do the shavy thing, shower then lay on the bed for five minutes under the full AC blast to cool down before dressing. Life in the tropics, gotta love it.

I briefly went back to shaving after my shower, but my face didn't like it. I was met with a lousy shave and plenty of irritation. Back to shaving during the shower.

After shower but using cold water...

After multiple deployments I got used to shaving with cold water. I know you are probably thinking well why didn't you "get used to not showering or showering using cold water or baby wipes". Well the answer is... A hot shower almost always feels good (except when sun burnt). I don't know why I still use cold water to shave... just got used to it and I think it kind of perks up my whiskers.

After shower but using cold water...

After multiple deployments I got used to shaving with cold water. I know you are probably thinking well why didn't you "get used to not showering or showering using cold water or baby wipes". Well the answer is... A hot shower almost always feels good (except when sun burnt). I don't know why I still use cold water to shave... just got used to it and I think it kind of perks up my whiskers.

$USS Greenling SSN614.jpg

Roger that. Try a "submarine shower".

Top Bottom