What's new

Before, During or After Shower?

Before, During or After Shower. When do you shave?

• Before Shower

• During Shower

• After Shower

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
First time poster, long time lurker! Decided to bump this thread as my first post on the forum.

I voted shave during the shower. It seems to me that part of getting into wet shaving is the pampering aspect. While it's hard to deny the well researched Kyle's Prep, I just love a long shower. Always have! That it's good for the shave as well (hydration!) is just a great bonus. One of these days I'll try the Kyle's prep though. Would be curious to see the difference in the end result.

I always found it to be a requirement to shave closely following a shower but Kyle's prep has allowed me to get a great shave without and/or before showering.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Never before a shower.
95% of the time, during the shower with a soap.
5% after the shower. Kyle's Prep, with a cream.

Voted "after." Before I started wet shaving I usually did it in the shower, using a cheap can of foam augmented with a cheapo brush as I found it made the job easier. However, both now and then I often have to shave before the shower (way before) so I'll be clean shaven for physical training. Now that I'm wet shaving and using a DE, I really hate shaving anytime other than after a shower, especially when I have to do PT right after the shave. Fortunately, Proraso eases the sweat-burn I'd get in my pre-Proraso (both with a cart and DE) days, however, I do not get to enjoy the lingering cool from the Proraso for the remainder of the day because I sweat/shower it all away (though I do reapply the aftershave balm, so I get some of the soothing back).

I answered after the shower because that is usually what I do. I'm thinkin of trying it during the shower though now. I have tried before the shower and while I like having a smooth face while i'm showering, I think that my shave is closer after the shower.

Since I am in the Army I usually shave before I shower in the morning, but when I shave after a shower I always seem to get the closest shave!

Shaving after the shower has always worked best for me, it helps to soften up the beard. I think most of it has to do with time preparing, a lot of times I get too impatient while prepping separately from taking a shower.

Taking a hot shower is a good prep for the face in itself, but I have also had some excellent shaves before showers too. The old 3S rule S**t, Shower, and Shave.

Top Bottom