What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2017

Last night: Big Top (Sarasota) Crème Brûlée Stout - meh - and Space Dust IPA.
After cycling a few hours today: Lagunitas IPA on tap (best available).

It's Tyranena Brewing, again....

Carnal Knowledge Double Oatmeal Stout. This is part of their "Brewers Gone Wild" series, usually a limited edition run. I had to make a special trip here in the Twin Cities to find it, but I'm glad I did. To be honest, I kind of don't think I'm refined enough to pick of the differences in Tyranena's stout/porter line, but they do them well. I like the subtle carbonation combined with the fullness of the flavor, whether it be oat, chocolate, or malt. If you can find any of these, give them a try.

Don

Founder's Sumatra Mountain. Still have a stash, and you can still find a 4 in the less busy retail outlets. I really noticed a sediment in the bottom of the glass, which I took to be coffee. Didn't detract from the brew... still excellent.

Don

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
20170310_172620.jpg

On Sunday, after the second 90+ mile bike ride of the weekend, I had a Mich Ultra and actually enjoyed it. Slammed it. Ice cold. Never tasted so good. And never will again.

Last evening, I had a beer that my daughter brought back from a North Carolina ski trip a couple weekends ago. It was Tropicmost Passionfruit Gose from Wicked Weed Brewing in Asheville, NC. A Gose I could enjoy with a malty nose and not overpowering tartness.

Tonight, my last 2016 Xocoveza.

Just like the commercials huh? :thumbup:
Never again!
St. Patrick's Day:
Big Top Irish Whiskey stout: Tullamore
Appropriate, but disappointing.
And
Boulevard Scotch on Scotch
The wife gets the peat, I don't. Love the brewer, but I'll pass on this again.

In belated honor of St. Patrick's Day, a nice, relaxed date with Finegan's Dead Irish Poet. This is a stout that goes down very well. 7% ABV.

Don

Hometown try on this one: Lakes and Legends Silky Belgian Stout. Research of the brewery shows that they embrace the Belgian style of beer making. This one was okay, but it definitely had a Belgian edge to it. Had a tartness to it that I found kind of disconcerting. It really derailed what I like about the stouts I tend to look for. I'm happy I tried it, but I won't be getting any more.

Blue Point Brewing Honey Robber Cream Ale. Nice and easy drinking, with a bready sweetness to it. Good for nice weather drinking and running the grill. My grill doesn't run without beer. It's in the instructions somewhere... honest.

Don

Hmmm... sounds like you had the same reaction as me when I tried the Chocolate Bunny Stout:thumbdown.

I had a sweet one tonight, but in a good way: Great Divide's Claymore Scotch Ale. I've been sampling scotch ales a little more since enjoying Tyranena's Sheep Shagger Scotch Ale. This one had a malty, deep sweetness to itthat almost had a caramel quality to it. I don't think you'd enjoy a lot of them at once, but it's a nice easy sipper with supper after work. 7.7ABV.

Don

Top Bottom