What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2017

Ooops! "Spooted Cow" should have been "Spotted Cow" in my previous post.

My grill just won't light without beer, and tonight's filet mignon's were accompanied by Tallgrass Brewing's Buffalo Sweat Oatmeal Cream Stout. This one comes in a pint can, and I know it's sacrilege, but I drank it straight from the can. Very smooth, slightly sweet, and it comes in at 5.5% ABV. I thought it was better than New Glarus' Road Slush. Finished with Fat Squirrel, a nut brown ale from New Glarus. This is a good one; rich and full with a slightly sweet undercurrent throughout the drink.

Don

Tonight I'm drinking Lights Out Stout-vanilla cream extra stout-by Worth Brewing

It's the easiest drinking stout I've ever drank, when compared to Guinness stout, it doesn't have as much taste. The price was right. I'll buy it again.

The Sixth Glass Quad is ok. Expected a little more. I'd stick with Tank 7 over this Boulevard offering, but I wouldn't turn another down (Since I have three left!).

I've never gotten to the sixth glass, btw...

Last edited:
I've never gotten to the sixth glass, btw...

Nothing wrong with goal achievement!

Spent some time with an trusted brew yesterday evening. Sam Smith's Chocolate Stout. Still wonderful. May have to go shopping today, see what's new on the shelves.

Don

I also tried Prairie Standard and Founder's Rubaeus last night. Wouldn't go out of my way to find either again.

Standard has an unusual NZ hop which made for an unusual saison and very dry finish. I found Prairie Ace difficult to finish with its lemony hops, too.

Rubaeus is very raspberry. No doubt it's done well, as are all Founder's beverages, but I would rather have a Lindeman's Framboise Lambic.

Tyranena Brewing is becoming one of my favorites, and their latest offering was another winner. Down 'N Dirty Chocolate Oatmeal Stout. I like Tyranena because their beers keep the carbonation on the lower side; it's there, but it doesn't overwhelm the beer. This one poured very dark, with a very minimal head. There was a malty sweetness to it, with a very full, rich depth laced with a bittersweet dark cocoa finish. I liked it a lot.

Don

Pliny the Elder last night, was a little underwhelmed by this bottle and wondering if I should have drank it sooner (brought it back from the brewery a month ago).

On tap:
Wyerbacher Sunday Morning Stout-great
Coppertail (Tampa) Unholy Trippel-didn't like this one-Ace hop in this one?

Well it's going to be more like "Several Beers of the Day," but here is the first one of the day...

Gnarly Barley - Catahoula Common

Gnarly Barley Catahoula Common.jpg

Top Bottom