Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir Irisch moos Sticks, splash and balm;
Erasmic cream (metal tube);
An old Colgate's Cup Soap.

proxy.php

proxy.php

*Left-unmarked *Middle-Century *Right-Everyready Pure Badger

I spent the entire day in antique shops yesterday and didn't see any razors that interested me but I did buy these. Thinking about trying my hand at restoring one of these. Any opinions on which one to be the first?

proxy.php

*Left-unmarked *Middle-Century *Right-Everyready Pure Badger

I spent the entire day in antique shops yesterday and didn't see any razors that interested me but I did buy these. Thinking about trying my hand at restoring one of these. Any opinions on which one to be the first?

I think that Century would look pretty nice all shined-up and sporting a new badger knot.

My parents hit a garage sale and when we were up visiting they had several things. Will post the rest later but in a "Mystery Edge" box I found the following blades (sorry about the picture quality. Cheap phone camera)
proxy.php

Persona 74
Probak (M2, M3, and Junior) I don't know what the difference is
(4) Mystery Edge
(2) Gillette Blue
1-unknown Gillette
(2) PAL Blade company from Plattsburg NY

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Preferably in one monthly thread. Seems to have become a bit disjointed lately with everybody posting threads. I like seeing what people have been getting but don't particularly want to go through 20 odd threads to do so.

I hear you, man.

Hit a few antique shops today, did pretty well IMO.

Nice Bostonian, the case is a bit loose but a little glue will put it straight.
proxy.php

My first Injector, good price and in good condition, now I just need to find some blades to give it a test shave!
proxy.php

New Ball Tip (I think) in really good shape, no cracks!
proxy.php

My neatest find of the day, no brand name on it, came with an EverReady 102 brush which I think isn't original. The bowl is plastic not porcelain which makes me think 50's or so. Neat piece. Any clue what it is?
proxy.php

Better Pick of that Ever Ready 102. Any idea on if it's badger or boar? Feels really soft. Is in surprisingly good shape, Might give a shot of reconditioning it and seeing how it works, otherwise a new knot might be in store, the handle is mint.

proxy.php

Recently my father in law was visiting us. He and I started talking about my shaving addiction errrrr, I mean, enjoyment, and he remembered he had some items from his grandfather in his storage at home. I was honored when my father in law said that he no longer had to worry where his grandfathers barbers tools were going to reside as he knew they'd have a home in my collection.

Today my great grandfathers items arrived in the mail and I am honored to share them with you.
proxy.php

proxy.php

The straights are a Wade and Butcher and a Top Flight by the Burrell Cutlery Company. I have no idea as to their value.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

The DE is a unique razor and was made by company called Krect. The head of the razor is somewhat warped to give it a curvature that supposedly gives you a closer shave. Cant wait to try it out.

proxy.php

Sorry for the shoddy photography. If interested I can take better photos later. I plan on getting the straights honed and polished as they look a little haggard and you can see where great grandpa was a little heavy on the strop with them.

Congrats! that's an awesome score. So much better that it has family ties.
I like the handle shape on the Ever Ready.
Is it comfortable?

My parents hit a garage sale and when we were up visiting they had several things. Will post the rest later but in a "Mystery Edge" box I found the following blades (sorry about the picture quality. Cheap phone camera)
proxy.php

Persona 74
Probak (M2, M3, and Junior) I don't know what the difference is
(4) Mystery Edge
(2) Gillette Blue
1-unknown Gillette
(2) PAL Blade company from Plattsburg NY

Those mystery edge blades look like they would fit a Segal

proxy.php

Before
proxy.php

After

The local antique mall called me yesterday and said they were holding this for me. I picked it up and cleaned it already. I apologize for the poor pics but I must buy a good camera. The numbers are intact and there are only a couple of dark spots in the gold on the handle. It is a D-3. Is it an Executive?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom