What's new

Acquisitions for December 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
You either found some razors already in excellent shape Mr. Goodfella, or did a fantastic job cleaning them up. Either way they look great! :thumbup1:

I took the pictures right after giving them a scrub down. The Fatboy on the right came in excellent (user grade) condition and I won't touch it for now. The others, I got pretty good deals on them and they came in o.k. condition but I cleaned them up pretty good since then.
I will admit that I have a problem with jumping into hobbies head first but the wife is happy since she likes the smell of everything and she would rather I spend the money on shaving supplies rather than my cigar stash.

Walked into Colonial Drug (Cambridge, MA) to get myself a tub of Salter's "French Vetiver" and left with that and a 250ml bottle of Creed Vetiver (not the "original"). That will either become my everyday splash-on, or, become a collector's item to be passed on to someone more fortunate! So, having not done enough damage to my wallet (talk about AD!) I just purchased a Knize aftershave balm from manufactum. 2011 should be a smelly year for those who get close to me.

Thats is the sexiest straight I have ever seen! All it's missing is the white cross and it would be a Victorinox Swiss!

proxy.php
Christmas presents, old aqua velva bottle has an eagle on the front and 1776 above
proxy.php

proxy.php
Found this old spice bottle (still full) and mug at a consignment store for 6 dollars and change
proxy.php
This avon shaving brush bottle was sitting next to the old spice, had to buy it!
proxy.php
Got a tub of tabac and country gent shaving lotion for Christmas as well :)

I went to the PO and checked my box....look what I found.....

proxy.php

Kent wooden bowl with 'Kent Premium Shaving Soap" (aka MWF) + VS80 Boar Brush, Got 3 of these packs for $71-odd or under $24 each. Two go as belated Xmas gifts.

User Grade E1 Fatboy and N1 Slim.

100 Gillette Bleue Extra NOS blades.

Really looking forward to some MWF goodness. Will be mixing it with glycerin and a little shaving cream to create some uberlather :)

This is what I do as well... the MWF works great for it, IMO, because it has a neutral scent, and you can mix the scents up in your creams.

Found these in local antique stores this month - a great Christmas indeed! The 6/8" Red Imp is a personal favorite. Bought the Waterville Cutlery straight after learning they were only made from 1890 to 1913, and it came with the hone.

I scored an Edwin Jagger DE87 razor for Christmas. Then a few days later I scored a vintage Barbershop shaving mug for 79 cents in a thrift store. :w00t: Now the Barbershop shaving soap puck I found a couple of months ago has a home. :biggrin1:

I bought an Edwin Jagger DE86 razor to use as my travel razor. I have been using a 1950's Superspeed as my travel razor for the last six months. It worked fine for me. But I only use my EJ DE89 (with a Cooncatbob "Improved" handle) at home. So, I figured I should just use another EJ when I am on the road.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Just received some P160, Cella and 100 Astra SPs in the mail. Hopefully SWMBO doesn't count this as 2011 acquistions :001_rolle

December 2010 scores:

DE Razor
* Gillette English Flair Tip Rocket

Aftershaves
* Pinaud Clubman
* Nancy Boy Repleneshing A/S Gel

Shaving Soaps
* DRH Arlington
* GFT Eucris

Shaving Cream
* Nancy Boy Signature

That is all.