Razor: Rocnel Sailor
Blade: Perma-Sharp (5 and retired)
Brush: Zenith B24 Wenghe Wood
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Canada Shave Soap
Aftershave: Stetson Aftershave Splash
Fragrance: Stetson Cologne Splash
20221229_131112~2.jpg

The link below takes you to my Journal which has full notes for this shave and more:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12067096

Thursday 29th December, shave #363

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, KCG #6
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

Left the shim out this time, as I wanted a fully predictable social shave. Got a comfortable DFS.

so the shim is set to make it like a .94 I reckon ?

I had a blade took the edge off and used for a bit to play with the razors and was quite fun to see which way you wanted to go :)

It would be a .94 if it was flat, but it curves the blade, which sticks out at about 20° (?) to the baseplate, so I think the blade gap must still be less than .94mm.

I'd have to draw a geometry diagram to visualise that properly, though. :D

Good to experiment, anyway! If anyone has a GC.84-P, then I'd be interested to see your opinions. I think that shimmed to 0.9x, it's still a bit kinder to my skin than the GC.84 OC.

yeah I hear ya on the curve ! why I think some say its not quite the same as jumping a gap or two
I did do some with the .95 wolfman and the shim vs my 1.15 and for sure the 1.15 was better in every way than the shim BUT again I think its a great way to get a idea ! as its not that bad :)

I used that blade/shim in my GC 84 SB a few times would be nice if they made a .95 GC (or something like that) as the Lupo was just to much blade feel for me the GC was quite nice with the shim still very comfy
the GC was my fav RR razor by a long shot !
never had the GC OC though so no idea what they are like
I do wish Timeless made something in between the 68 and the 95 also like a 75 or 78 or something even though I have not tried the 95 yet I did try 1 and 2 shims and I know the geometry is not quite the same as the actual gaps but again is/was a fun experiment

Date
365 days of shaving367/364
(100%)
GRUME December29/30 (97%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 3/3
Timor 3/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes3
WXTG
first pass cheeks: CB Curve (NW-SE curving midway to NE-SW)
second pass cheeks: Gillette Slant (SW-NE)

first pass neck: Gillette Slant (NE-SW)
second pass neck: Gillette Slant (S-N)
ATG
Straight & Slanted
(SW-NE | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Razorine FlatboyDorco Titan (11)Simpson T3
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Green pre-shave
Haslinger Sandelholz
Face lathered
Cold splash
Nivea (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
9/10 (~20 minutes)9.5/10 (Almost clean)
EffectivenessComfort
8/10 (DFS+/BBS-)
9/10 (Buttery smooth)

Notes to today’s shave:

I paired the Flatboy together with an older Titan blade. The blade performed like new. Very smooth and comfortable still.

The Flatboy is not my easiest razor, but it delivers wonderful shaves. Careful strokes and three sweet passes later I am BBS with hints of marble cheeks. I think some stray hairs left on the jaw line.

Face lathered with the T3 today and it has massive backbone so my lather was build in no time at all. Excellent brush
:001_wub:

Further details can be found here.

Enjoy your shave today!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Thursday 29th December, shave #363

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, KCG #6
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

Left the shim out this time, as I wanted a fully predictable social shave. Got a comfortable DFS.

It would be a .94 if it was flat, but it curves the blade, which sticks out at about 20° (?) to the baseplate, so I think the blade gap must still be less than .94mm.

I'd have to draw a geometry diagram to visualise that properly, though. :D

Good to experiment, anyway! If anyone has a GC.84-P, then I'd be interested to see your opinions. I think that shimmed to 0.9x, it's still a bit kinder to my skin than the GC.84 OC.
I love my GC84-P. It is my favorite Gamechanger and, on my face, edges out the Lupo 95SB. Equal result, but a tad bit smoother. :)

Shave # 364: A fantastical Feather Friday shave!

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Autumn Ash
Razor: Henson Ti22 V2 ++
Blade: Feather HI-Stainless (1)
IMG_1992.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Friday, December 30th 2022, #364 of 364 continuous daily shaves! Very close to a full year folks!

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur SE AC 50mm- Mfg 2021> tame mid range, simple clamping system, small head parts. It works well for myself about 95%+ of the time shaving. Results are great and very enjoyable shave this morning.
Blade : Schick proline p30(1) sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity for a 50mm blade.
Soap : Tabac, flowery fresh scent + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Moka Express" 24mm Mew knot synthetic, Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock American barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi SE Excalibur with a Proline p30 blade.
SOTD Dec 30 2022 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

Shave #364 in the books!

Titanium Vector with the 5th use on a Captain blade, Deton Majik unscented, and a boar brush. Great shave, but I get carried away and almost nicked a nostril! When the shave starts off great, I think I tend towards overconfidence which leads to carelessness with sharp objects. I imagine I am just starting to look like Kermit, with arms flailing, as I get my shave on! But the nick was very shallow, maybe only a layer of skin, no blood, but just enough sting to remind me that blades are sharp and don't care what they cut!

Shave #364. Don't give up now! One more day.
I learn a lot from you guys. Thanks for posting. Like many things in life things are learned and absorbed through long exposure.
Today I know from @Ckmaui that Seaforth Spice soap matches with Old Spice. Didn't know that. Thanks for the warning and saving me some money. :001_rolle
Using my new WR3 today and still very, very impressed.
Image703888892044000827.jpg
For those of you that intend to shave daily in 2023 (Deo Volente!), don't forget to sign up.

🪒🗓️365 Shaves 2023🗓️🪒 - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/365-shaves-2023.634079/

Shave #364. Don't give up now! One more day.
I learn a lot from you guys. Thanks for posting. Like many things in life things are learned and absorbed through long exposure.
Today I know from @Ckmaui that Seaforth Spice soap matches with Old Spice. Didn't know that. Thanks for the warning and saving me some money. :001_rolle
Using my new WR3 today and still very, very impressed. View attachment 1580095 For those of you that intend to shave daily in 2023 (Deo Volente!), don't forget to sign up.

🪒🗓️365 Shaves 2023🗓️🪒 - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/365-shaves-2023.634079/
ahhahahaha then ya cant put that $ into something shaving though :)

yeah as I say its in that same family not quite the same but my nose says related for sure :)

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.

Date
365 days of shaving367/364
(100%)
GRUME December29/30 (97%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 3/3
Timor 3/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes3
WXTG
first pass cheeks: CB Curve (NW-SE curving midway to NE-SW)
second pass cheeks: Gillette Slant (SW-NE)

first pass neck: Gillette Slant (NE-SW)
second pass neck: Gillette Slant (S-N)
ATG
Straight & Slanted
(SW-NE | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Razorine FlatboyDorco Titan (11)Simpson T3
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Green pre-shave
Haslinger Sandelholz
Face lathered
Cold splash
Nivea (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
9/10 (~20 minutes)9.5/10 (Almost clean)
EffectivenessComfort
8/10 (DFS+/BBS-)
9/10 (Buttery smooth)

Notes to today’s shave:

I paired the Flatboy together with an older Titan blade. The blade performed like new. Very smooth and comfortable still.

The Flatboy is not my easiest razor, but it delivers wonderful shaves. Careful strokes and three sweet passes later I am BBS with hints of marble cheeks. I think some stray hairs left on the jaw line.

Face lathered with the T3 today and it has massive backbone so my lather was build in no time at all. Excellent brush
:001_wub:

Further details can be found here.

Enjoy your shave today!
Love that stand

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
364 of 364
IMG_20221230_220058.jpg

Razor: Muhle Rocca R89 Rosegold
Blade: Wilkinson Sword(3)
Soap: RR XXX
Brush: RR Moka-soft beehive brush

Tonight XXX provided the lather along with the Moka-soft. I always find myself using that brush when I use RR soap, except Emperor which I am trying to 3017 so I use the Trafalgar T3, with the larger knot I hope it uses more soap.
The Wilkinson Sword blade isn't my favourite and I've never found it to be the smoothest, but when it's loaded in the R89 though it's not the most efficient blade the razor smoothes it out. The result was only a DFS, but very smooth with it

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 364 of 364 = 100%
Razor: Rocnel Sailor
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: Omega 10081 Silver Beehive Handle (23mm Boar)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Canada Shave Soap
Aftershave: Stetson Aftershave Splash
Fragrance: Stetson Cologne Splash
20221230_074248~2.jpg

The link below takes you to my Journal which has full notes for this shave and more:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12068587

Top Bottom