What's new

2017 pipe purchasing "sabbatical"

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I'm trying to think if I bought a pipe in 2016? I really don't think I did. I haven't had time to look at new pipes let alone sit down at smoke them. I'm pretty sure my last bowl was sometime in October.

I'm trying to think if I bought a pipe in 2016? I really don't think I did. I haven't had time to look at new pipes let alone sit down at smoke them. I'm pretty sure my last bowl was sometime in October.

Same here, don't think I bought a pipe in 2016. Maybe September for my last bowl but plan a few bowls next couple weeks now that I'm on vacation.

I'm In. I don't recall purchasing a pipe this past year, though it has been a busy year for me. As long as baccy and cigars are ok and the LE as well, then I'm golden.

For some of the folks here that's a rousing success!

Edit: Do you fail on the day you make the purchase or the day it arrives at your house? :lol:

Most sabbaticals, you fail as soon as money changes from your hands/account to elsewhere for the items. lol

For some of the folks here that's a rousing success!

Edit: Do you fail on the day you make the purchase or the day it arrives at your house? :lol:

For our purposes let's go with the day the item arrives. This way we can feel better about it thinking that we lasted longer.

This is going to be fun to watch.

Whoa whoa whoa...I'm not even on vacation for one day and you guys are already talking foolishness. A sabbatical? In the Brown Leaf? I cannot condone this kind of behavior!

(Although, aside from the LE, which is always excepted, my plan is to not put any new money into pipes next year. That is, any money I spend on pipes will have to be raised by selling stuff - shaving gear, other pipes, etc.)

For our purposes let's go with the day the item arrives. This way we can feel better about it thinking that we lasted longer.

This is going to be more entertaining than most of anything I have seen in the last year. Yeah, this should be good!

:popc:

This is going to be more entertaining than most of anything I have seen in the last year. Yeah, this should be good!

:popc:
I envision this going down like the Seinfeld episode where the characters are in a contest to see who can go the longest without masturbating. Except in the BL sabbatical everyone is Kramer, comes in after 5 minutes, slams their money down on the table and yells, "I'm out!"

I envision this going down like the Seinfeld episode where the characters are in a contest to see who can go the longest without masturbating. Except in the BL sabbatical everyone is Kramer, comes in after 5 minutes, slams their money down on the table and yells, "I'm out!"

LOL Yeah. I know exactly what you mean!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Lol, should we start a pool in the stock exchange and make guesses on how quick the first will be out?

I love it! I fully support the sabbatical for all you BL'ers... However I must let you know in all fairness, this likely means that there will be a better chance of me winning the pipes I really want on the 'bay!

WoooHOOOOOO!!!

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I should start working on a bunch of estate pipes to drop in the BST on January 1.

Top Bottom