SOTD "FREE WEEK" July 24th-July 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Cuadrado 14
MS 30mm ST
T+S Morocco
LAB AS

T+S describes the Morocco scent experience - Walk through the fields of wild roses, growing high up in Morocco’s Atlas Mountains with this masculine floral scent. While Midnight & Two - The Cabin scent is like a woodsy cabin after a quaint campfire, the Morocco experience is like a walk high up in the mountains with fields of burning wild roses, or more appropriately . . . acres of flaming Douglas-fir that you would find in central British Columbia this month. T+S have admitted the first version of this soap was very smoky . . . and have dialed it back in newer batches. The MS silvertip is marvelous, and like it as much or more than their 2-banders - so was an incendiary shave - as some like it smoldering hot and provocatively piquant . . .

SOTD Thursday 27 JUL 2017 (NZST)

Haven't posted here for a few weeks, but have just experienced an open comb for the first time, and had a couple of weeks with a new brush, so was excited to share!

Razor: West Coast Shaving Open Comb, WCS 88S S/S handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Brush: Byron Shaving Aluminium with 22mm synthetic fibre
Soap: Edwin Jagger Limes and Pomegranate

After reading how 'aggressive' open combs can be I kept the pressure even lighter than normal. I was pleasantly surprised that the WCS wasn't particularly aggressive, though I could more obviously feel the blade on my face than when using my trusty Muhle R89. I normally need two to three passes and a tidy-up to get a really close shave, and am occasionally frustrated that it's not quite close enough. After only two passes with the OC (WTG, ATG) and a brief tidy up I achieved a smooth, close BBS. Overall, I'm very happy with the OC. If I can get it to perform this well every time it may supplant the R89 as my daily razor.

A note on the brush - this was recently acquired from a dealer on Etsy and having spent a couple of weeks with it in rotation along with a favourite Muhle silvertip fibre brush I can't speak highly enough about the Byron. I favour smaller synthetic knots, around 21mm or 22mm with a 54-58mm loft, so its not really surprising I've taken to this brush so quickly. Based on the colouring and shape I'm guessing the brush is an Ubersoft Ver 1 (?). It's not quite as soft as the latest Muhle synthetic silvertips but has a slightly denser knot and better backbone. The anodised aluminium handle is built to a very high standard, and the overall package is well balanced, looks great (to my eye) and performs extremely well with a range of different soaps. It's not the standard wood or acrylic models that most of us use, but it seems to work very well for me. I've included a pic for those that are interested.

Attachments

• Byron Shaving Black Aluminium synthetic.jpg
    Byron Shaving Black Aluminium synthetic.jpg
    912 KB · Views: 8
WEDNESDAY SOTD ::::: July 26, 2017

Prep: Hot shower w/Neutrogena Men Invigorating Face Wash
Pre-shave Oil: Adam Joseph Stump original scent
Soap: Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre
Brush: Shave Revolution Metalloid HMW badger 24mm
Razor: Charcoal Goods Machined Brass Head Level-2 Bishop handle antique dark finish
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (5)
Post Splash: Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre

Fotor_150111707159973.jpg

2017-07-26-21-21-50.jpg

07/26/17 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Sterling Soap Company Honey Oatmeal Shea Butter Bath Soap
Sterling Soap Company Coniferous Shave Soap
RazoRock 400 Butterscotch 24 x 57mm Synthetic Noir Plissoft Brush
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Timeless Polished Stainless Steel OC Razor with 0.95mm Blade Gap, Scalloped Cap, & H5 Dimpled Handle
Voskhod Teflon Coated Russian Blade - 5th Shave
RazoRock Alum Stick
Homemade Mandarin Generic Distilled Witch Hazel
Booster Mosswood Aftershave
NIVEA Men Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm

View attachment 807301

Superb high angle view into the depths of your shave, Steve.

Proraso Green Pre/Post
Century #2 Maggards 22mm Black Fiber Synthetic
I Coloniali
R41 2011 ATT ALU Handle / Barbedeaux (3)
Witch Hazel ~ Proraso Green Pre/post ~ Barbedeaux ~ Shulton Old Spice Fresh Scent AS
proxy.php
Neat looking shave pic, Doug. How did the Frankenrazor perform? How do you like the R41 2011 head?

Last Night's Dogclaration SOTE:

B&M Seville
Dogclaration Seascape
'77 Gillette Super Adjustable
Voskhod (2)
CFG Natural Splash

Tonight's SOTE:

B&M Seville
Dogclaration Seascape
'63 Gillette Slim
Voskhod (3)
Barrister's Reserve Classic

Over the weekend I won a PIF contest on Reddit and I won a Dogwood Handcrafts handle with a Declaration Brushworks B3 knot. It arrived yesterday and I'm just finally getting around to posting it. This thing is absolutely gorgeous!
proxy.php
proxy.php

Formerly Heybobitsme

Manna di Sicilia
Ronin PauFerro Manchurian
Timeless Scaloped 0.68 OC
Myrsol Agua de Limón AS

Regards and Have a nice day
proxy.php

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk

Marvelous image. Meticulous lighting and placement. The droplet overlay gives a fantastic quality to the photo.

Wednesday Shave
Musgo Glyce Face Lather & Rinse

Ed. Wusthof Tridente 11/16
Omega 6292 Silvertip
Proraso Single Blade Cypress & Vetyver Shave Cream
Proraso Cypress & Vetyver Aftershave Balm
Fine Green Vetiver Splash

proxy.php

Have a great Wednesday Gentlemen

Exquisite close up, Dave.

Dapper Dragon Coconut, Lime, Verbena
Savile Row 3824
Edwin Jagger Black & Gold
Myrsol Agua de Limón AS

Regards
proxy.php

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk

proxy.php

Date: 26 July 2017

Brush: - Envy Shave '8 Ball' 25/53mm Black Wolf Fan Knot
Lather: - Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick (european version grated into a plastic tub)
Razor: - Parker Variant Adjustable in Satin Chrome (WTG #5, XTG #5, ATG #2)
Blade: - Gillette Silver Blue #4
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Unscented' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: - Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male EDT

Yesterday UK mail finally at last the '8 Ball' 25/53mm Black Wolf synthetic fan knot from US, I LOVE IT the synthetic fan knot is bloody awesome and you must get one in your den :thumbup:
proxy.php

That is one sweet looking little brush. I have a custom with a tuxedo knot, which I'm pretty sure is the same as the Black Wolf. Very nice synthetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom