Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Pre-Shave: Cyprusian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: Weber PH UFO Titan L
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: Doug Korn TGN Finest
Lather: Mystic Water Bergamot, Cedarwood & Juniper
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Many thanks for your beautiful pictures gentlemen - I hope you all have a great Sunday :thumbup:

SOTD thy name is excellence!

Superb photos and text SOTDs have filled our screens today. Thanks one and all, gentlemen.

Missed from last night:

@DabblinRazors - Now that's innovation! Great props and so appropriate for the Sharp Dressed Man.

Today's splendor:

@CT23 - What a setting for an SOTD! It's a beauty! Keep them coming, Chris. Envy is kicking in big time.
@Dachsmith - Lovely pedestal for your shave gear.
@skypsyd - What better way to present your blade? A sterling photo, Dave.
@shm - An admirable close in gathering of a beautiful shave, Søren.
@UngerWoo - Another nice closeup of exceptional implements.
@Dagwoodz - Nicely presented, Josh.
@Martijn Top - Welcome back. Looks like one fine shave. That mirror has great potential.
@Cash_Stronomer - Interesting, outré photo. Your setting are quite extraordinary.
@gemini68j - Finely textured photo with just a touch of color.
@Bobcat - Nice looking Tech, Bob. My Fat Handle Tech is one of my most frequently used vintages.
@blexa - I'm glad the Claymore is a fine performer for you. There are so many new SEs coming out at differnt price ranges it can make your head spin.
@lindyhop66 - Nice looking straight.
@Hanover - Sneek that color in, Mark! Neat photo.
@azwetshaver - How do you like the Valobra, Gabe? Fine looking shave, by the way.
@eezee - How's the pairing of the Mike's and the CC North?
@doc47 - Quality photo of quality accoutrements, Dan.
@nikonNUT - How did that minty Bostonian perform?
@Jnatcat - Really nice looking aftershave container!
@Quick - That's a good size "pot"; do you use it to lather? Totally agree with your tip -- one reason my shaves are music free unless I decide to play a little Klaus Schulze.
@Doug57 - Another advocate of Royall Lyme, Doug. Gotta get some.
@sandstone - Very nice presentation photo, Phil. You can almost reach in a pick up the Super Speed.
@ram57 - Love the overlay and framing. Great shave bowl.
@YourGunshowTix - Excellent picture. New soap I have to try; thanks! Unique Wolf Whiskers. Nice briar. Love the background texture. [MENTION=59691]alfredus[/MENTION] - My kind of picture: great close up! I'd call it A Study in Knurling.

Looking forward to a Sunday full of relaxation and a fine shave. Please join me, gents.

Last edited:
SOTD - Sunday, 18 September, 2016 - Stirling Piacenza

Prep
: hot shower, Lucky Tiger Facial Scrub
Pre-shave: Baume.be Pre-shave Gel, hot towel
Razor: Dubl Duck Goldedge 11/16”
Soap: Stirling Piacenza
Brush: Semogue 830 Boar
Bowl: The Shaving Place mountain blue lather bowl
Post-shave: alum, cold towel, Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Stirling Piacenza
Fragrance: Exceptional
Album of the Day: Jethro Tull - Aqualung
Song of the Day: Locomotive Breath
$SOTD20160918.jpg
A great start to what is going to be a great day!

Superb photos and text SOTDs have filled our screens today. Thanks one and all, gentlemen.

Thanks Ron, Like the effect on yours today.

...and nice finish to the day Gents, Great posts and photos!

Sunday's Shave
CBLindsay Jeri's pre-shave lather & rinse

Joseph Elliot 5/8
Matt DeRuiter "Tucson" boar
CBLindsay "The Veg" shave soap
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal aftershave lotion

proxy.php

Have A Blessed Sunday Gentlemen

Missed from last night:

@DabblinRazors - Now that's innovation! Great props and so appropriate for the Sharp Dressed Man.

Today's splendor:

@CT23 - What a setting for an SOTD! It's a beauty! Keep them coming, Chris. Envy is kicking in big time.
@Dachsmith - Lovely pedestal for your shave gear.
@shm - An admirable close in gathering of a beautiful shave, Søren.
@UngerWoo - Another nice closeup of exceptional implements.
@Dagwoodz - Nicely presented, Josh.
@Martijn Top - Welcome back. Looks like one fine shave. That mirror has great potential.
@Cash_Stronomer - Interesting, outré photo. Your setting are quite extraordinary.
@gemini68j - Finely textured photo with just a touch of color.
@Bobcat - Nice looking Tech, Bob. My Fat Handle Tech is one of my most frequently used vintages.
@blexa - I'm glad the Claymore is a fine performer for you. There are so many new SEs coming out at differnt price ranges it can make your head spin.
@lindyhop66 - Nice looking straight.
@Hanover - Sneek that color in, Mark! Neat photo.
@azwetshaver - How do you like the Valobra, Gabe? Fine looking shave, by the way.
@eezee - How's the pairing of the Mike's and the CC North?
@doc47 - Quality photo of quality accoutrements, Dan.
@nikonNUT - How did that minty Bostonian perform?
@Jnatcat - Really nice looking aftershave container!
@Quick - That's a good size "pot"; do you use it to lather? Totally agree with your tip -- one reason my shaves are music free unless I decide to play a little Klaus Schulze.
@Doug57 - Another advocate of Royall Lyme, Doug. Gotta get some.
@sandstone - Very nice presentation photo, Phil. You can almost reach in a pick up the Super Speed.
@ram57 - Love the overlay and framing. Great shave bowl.
@YourGunshowTix - Excellent picture. New soap I have to try; thanks! Unique Wolf Whiskers. Nice briar. Love the background texture. @alfredus - My kind of picture: great close up! I'd call it A Study in Knurling.

Looking forward to a Sunday full of relaxation and a fine shave. Please join me, gents.

Thanks Ron:001_smile

Sunday evening

Razor: Superspeed
Blade: Treet Durasharp (4)
Cream: Jm Fraser Oriental Spice
Brush: TGN Silvertip
A/S: Nivea
ASB: Gaia Organic ASB

Yeah...thats my lather mug/bowl. Got that at the Goodwill Store for $0.50... guess it was meant for a Cappuccino or something. :001_huh: Perfect for whipping up a good lather though.

$0917161558a~2[2752745].jpg

Stirling Soaps do whip up nicely...:thumbup1:

Will need it this week a lot too... doing a 7 day shave cream run... since they have been gathering dust in the cabinet. Thought I'd give them an outing.

Last edited:
Sunday 18 September 2016

proxy.php

Mastro Livi "Rasoio Italiano" Stainless Damascus, 8/8 Full Hollow, Spanish Point

When you shave with a Mastro Livi razor, you know you are not simply shaving, indeed you realize and know you are enjoying a masterpiece of art, technique, craftsmanship and talent. This is the case of this straight razor made of genuine artisan martensitic stainless steel damascus made by Mastro Livi in his laboratory and by using artisan techniques only. This damascus is in fact made of martensitic stainless steels, something not to easy to make by using artisan techniques. Scales, too, are fascinating as they are made from African black ebony with precious inserts of jade, white turquoise and coral - forming the Italian flag - and a middle plate made of fossil mammoth ivory. A tribute to Italy, of course, and the magnificent artisan tradition of my country. I am also liking the new Mastro Livi shave brush range, including this best badger brush which is very good in mounting lather. As for soap, I used one of the very best around - Martin De Candre - with a lovely and fascinating Mediterranean fragrance to which I coupled my favorite aftershave and, in my opinion, one of the most effective ones: Floïd mentolado vigoroso. What a shave!​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Martin De Candre
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Best Badger, African Black Ebony Handle, 24mm knot
  • Bowl: Old Barber Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi "Rasoio Italiano" Stainless Damascus, 8/8 Full Hollow, Spanish Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

Wholly Kaw - Cuero Oscuro | Zenith Manchurian | Star 1912 | Gem PTFE (2)

proxy.php

I'm really enjoying Wholly Kaw's tallow base. It's dense and creamy with superb slickness. It's fairly easy to over-water, so mind that. The aptly named Cuero Oscuro ("dark leather") won't be for everyone, which is what I believe Wholly Kaw was going for. A departure from the typically powdery and floral accords of many of their other offerings, this is a bold, smoky, worn leather fragrance. I very much enjoy this category of fringe masculine scents.

Sunday

Pre-shave: AoS Peppermint Facial Scrub
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: EverReady 200 Restore w/Whipped Dog Silvertip
Soap: St James of London Cedarwood & Clarysage Shave Cream
Aftershave: Alum/ Thayer's Witch Hazel
Balm: SCS Oakmoss Lavendula

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom