What's new

So How Big is Your Blade Stash?

how many do you currently have?

What have you tried?
I think I am up to about 50 or so blades which are different kinds ...
I bought some Personna Lab Blues and really like them but want to try Personna Red IP..
Also Tried feather Blades but didn't like them ,but I have 3 more razors and now to find what works with each Razor..

I will be stocking Feathers only in the future. Currently, I have 182 on hand, and also have 60 Wilkinson Sword blades in stock. WS blades are my favorite second choice to shave with.

300 or so Voskhods, 100 Astras, 100+ Personna Labs, and about 100 Derby (likely to stay that number, but backups just in case).

Derby extra: 95

Astra sp: 190

Personna Lab Blue: ~ 285

In the mail:
Qball Israeli Personna: 100

PolSilver SI: 100

Perma-Sharp (Russian): 200

Voskhod teflon coated: 200

Super-Max Super Platinum: 200

I'm taking a gamble buying blades in bulk that I've never tried before, but based on the number of + reviews, I'm sure it'll be fine.

Last edited:
Just did my inventory...

- 115 Personna Med Preps
- 55 Feathers
- 49 Astra SP
- 10 Derby (got for free, but will probably never use)

Just pulled trigger on 99 PolSilver SIs on the BST. I now have about 240 blades.

- 190 PolSilver SI
- 40 Personna Med Prep
- 8 Feathers

I am going to stock up on more SIs. Love them.

Kirk

I started DE shaving in mid February-2014. In the ensuing months I purchased various sample packs of blades with the objective being to find ideal blades for my shaving technique, and razors used.

On hand, but awaiting use:
Rapira Swedish Supersteel 5-Count Pack
Rapira Stainless 5-Count Pack
Rapira Super Stainless 10-Count Pack
Ladas Super Stainless 5-Count Pack
Derby 5-Count Pack 3-On hand (First two blades used gave great results)
Feather 5-Count Pack 5-On hand (First rive blades were great to excellent)

In use:
Gillette Silver Blue 5-Count Pack 2-In use (First three blades gave good results)

Samples finished with:
Astra SP 5-Count (All good blades)
Bolzano 5-Count (Terrible results)
Pol Silver 5-Count (Four great blades, and one defective--chipped in one corner out of package)
Red Personna 5-Count (Four excellent blades--I mistakenly threw out one good blade with the package)
Rapira Platinum Lux 5-Count (All blades gave great results with minimal nicks and weepers)
Voskhod 5-Count (All blades gave great results with minimal nicks and weepers)

Once I use some of those in the 'on deck' category, I'll decide on which blade(s) to order 100 counts of.

1050ish which is about 20 years supply of daily shaves;
Derbys' =300
AstraSP = 200
AstraSS =100
Rapira = 400
various assorted =50

I've given away all of my blades save the Feathers. At one blade per week, six shaves per blade, I have a 2.5 year supply on hand.

Life is good!

Top Bottom