What's new

So How Big is Your Blade Stash?

I'm wondering how large some of the blade collections are out there in BB land. Mine is probably modest compared to some of the others...

Total Blades: 2,194 blades - 30.0 years (assuming 5 shaves per blade/73 blades per year)
Age When Ill Run Out - 84

My Top 5
Gillette Super Stainless/Spoiler - 745 blades - 10.2 years
Schick Super Chromium - 337 - 4.6
Astra SP - 300 - 4.1
Polsilver SI - 230 - 3.2
Personna Med Prep - 95 - 1.3

Total 3 700+ - 60+ years (assuming 55 blades/year)
Age when I will run out: 118. Conclusion: I will be well shaven at my funeral :001_rolle

Astra SP - 800
Shark SS - 1200+
Red IP's - 600
Black Indian 7 O'clocks - 600
Polsilver SI's - 500

I have about a year's supply. Just curious why you guys have so many. Seems like a lot of $$ to tie up in inventory.

around 40-50 for me. Still testing out numerous blades. Should last me a year I think. TOP 3 so far

1) Gillette Silver Blue
2) Personna Lab
3) Voskhod

*Feather would be up there but they just dont agree with my skin unfortunately :( They give such amazing shaves

Just curious why you guys have so many. Seems like a lot of $$ to tie up in inventory.

First of all, logic and common sense have no place here :)

If I tried to be logical I'd say because there is a limited supply (vintage blades) and I might be able to sell them later and make some profit. The truth is I don't know why. Maybe because they're cheaper than buying more razors.

200 Gillette Silver Blues
200 Rapira Super Stainless
200 Croma Diamant
100 Sputnik
smaller amounts of various others but without counting them I'd guess about 850-900 in total. That should keep me going for 7-8 years.

I have 3. one Astra SP (4 shaves so far), one 7 O'Clock Black and one Gillette Silver Blue which I haven't tried yet. Yea...I'm pretty new to this. The rest of you guys can cover the high end. I think I've got the low end covered. :tongue_sm

I'm still working through a sample pack of that I order a month or two ago. Gave a tuck or two away to a recent convert. I've got the following left:
Astra SP's (4)
Feathers (10)
Derbys (4)
Precisions (10)
Dorcos (10)
Merkur (1)

Haven't decided what I like yet. Been using the Astra SP's exclusively for a week or two. Probably going to switch to Feathers soon. I'll order more once I figure it out.

I plan to live until I am 140.

...Seems like a lot of $$ to tie up in inventory...
"A lot" is a relative term.

At this point I don't really care what would happen on this market, I am covered for a while. Unless Gillette brings their price to 8 cents a cartridge and even then I will not bat an eye since I don't believe any cart would give me the same shave as DE. Not to mention the use of plastic.
Right now, their top shelf cartridge sits at a mere $3 a pop.:lol: :lol: :lol:

1,580 which will be about 4,000 shaves for me and shave every day and an occasional extra shave if I am going out. I was worried about the disappearance of my favorite blade, Super Iridium, so I stocked up.

1050 Super Iridium
150 Feathers
120 Gillette Super Thin Thai script
50 GSB
100 Rapira Swedish Steel
70 Permasharp
40 miscellaneous test packs

Let's see -

200 Feathers
100 Astra SP
~170 Personna Blues
~40 or so odds and ends

So I'll say 510 blades more or less. Assuming 3 shaves per blade that is 1,530 shaves or 4.2 years worth. Obviously more than I need but what does need have to do with any of this? :001_smile I will say nearly all were purchased or traded for on the B/S/T for very good prices; I "paid" much less than retail for them. The Feather blades were purchased at approximately 1/2 price as an example.

Gee.. I really don't waant to know :sad:

I'm thinking somewhere in the 5 figures by now...

Oh wow that sounds bad doesn't it?!?!?!?!?!

Top Bottom