What's new

*PICS* The difference between Pure, Best and Silvertip Badger.....

did you feel that the silvertip worked up a lather with relitave ease? im used to using the tweezerman, and the lack of backbone and excessive shedding made me buy a parker silvertip for 50 or so dollars

i agree with you sr. i have one ej black exactly like yours on the photo.
i bought this months some chinese products, frank shave 28mmknots ,23,21 and i'm glad with them,its amazing job too.
less expensive may be excelent too.but i love too vulfix 2236 ,i have two, expensive ,super badger,and beaty .when we have $$$, expend some.no money, with fight with cheap guns:laugh:

I have a Parker 100% Black Badger hair brush I've used for almost two years now and recently bought an Omega Pure Badger. I honestly prefer the Black Badger hair that is not graded.

Excellent review joel ! Thanks very much ! My (blind) decision to go for a best badger Vulfix instead of a silvertip now seems fully justified !

Thank you very much for this comparison Joel. The different pictures at every step of lathering really helped answer many questions I've had for a long time.

Thanks Joel !
I'd now just save the money and get a best badger.
Just started shaving and used wet shaving since the first time.
--
Hardik

Thanks for this Review, I always thought my EJ Best Badger Brush was a Winner Most of the time, Seems you can go wrong with best Badger, and Yes Silver Tips for the weekend :eek:)

This is an Old Thread 2006, But it Still Rocks :thumbup:

Great thread. I have only used one synthetic and a badger brush before. Useful imformation to know, I did think I had to spend the most I could afford to get a brush to do the best job but now I know that its not a neccesity

Sorry to re-bump this thread, but I just wanted to give some input considering I'm in a similar situation.

I have the EJ Best Brush in Ivory, I paid $35-$40 for it off Amazon. Used it for a few weeks and loved it! Than picked up a Truefitt & Hill Super Badger Brush which yields a much more quality and weighty handle, and I wanna say at least 50% more bristles than the EJ. The water retention difference in unmistakeable, for in theory you're going to have to use a little more product to build up a sufficient lather with the Silvertip. But, you will receive (from my personal experiences) a quicker and creamier lather, nicer applier to your face, and overall a better satisfaction when shaving a nicer brush, the weight of the handle is key for me. Now, the best EJ brush is a bang for your buck, realistically there is no reason you NEED to upgrade, unless you want that added luxury to your daily routine and have more of show piece sitting in your bathroom. I can't deny it, the all matching buffalo horn set, looks incredible on my vanity! The EJ is no match in that sense. It is what is it! Are you looking to just shave in style or do you want that extra pampered feeling?

Sorry to re-bump this thread, but I just wanted to give some input considering I'm in a similar situation.

I have the EJ Best Brush in Ivory, I paid $35-$40 for it off Amazon. Used it for a few weeks and loved it! Than picked up a Truefitt & Hill Super Badger Brush which yields a much more quality and weighty handle, and I wanna say at least 50% more bristles than the EJ. The water retention difference in unmistakeable, for in theory you're going to have to use a little more product to build up a sufficient lather with the Silvertip. But, you will receive (from my personal experiences) a quicker and creamier lather, nicer applier to your face, and overall a better satisfaction when shaving a nicer brush, the weight of the handle is key for me. Now, the best EJ brush is a bang for your buck, realistically there is no reason you NEED to upgrade, unless you want that added luxury to your daily routine and have more of show piece sitting in your bathroom. I can't deny it, the all matching buffalo horn set, looks incredible on my vanity! The EJ is no match in that sense. It is what is it! Are you looking to just shave in style or do you want that extra pampered feeling?
Well I was in a dilemma about best vs super,and now I'm gonna buy super (Ej) !
Thanks!

Top Bottom