What's new

*PICS* The difference between Pure, Best and Silvertip Badger.....

Joel et al,

Thanks for all the info. I honestly think I have learned more about small rodent hair than I ever would have thought I would. :drool:

Looks like a trip to the local mall on Monday and a stop at C&E for the Best. Razor and strop are on the way, so if all goes well, the wifey will have a smooth hubby soon.:biggrin:

Badgers aren't rodents.

I see this is quite an old thread looking at the date, but outstanding! I recently posted a question about which grade of badger has which characteristics and if I had done my homework and found this, all my questions would've been answered.

I actually own the black handle'd Edwin Jagger brush; it's my daily brush and I love it. I do wish it had a little more "spring" to it though for use with shaving soaps.....perhaps I should invest in a best badger brush to use with soaps, and save my current one for use with creams.

Someone needs to tell me this is a terrible idea before I decide to go through with it, lol. I already have a growing collection of creams, soaps and aftershaves, but I've held out on brushes and razors (only 2 of each, my "starter kit" and current setup).....so far!

mswofford

Rest in Peace
After extensive experience with 2 Simpson Best Badger brushes, I have seen no need to upgrade; I guess ignorance is bliss!:001_smile

Joel
Thank you for taking the time to post this. Very informative, and thank you again.
I took the time to read your review again. It should be recommended reading or required reading for all people wanting to purchase a Shaving Brush being it be a $1.98 Close out at the corner Dug store or a $250.00 custom made Shaving Brush.
Excellent review.
Thanks again,

Thanks for very valuable comparisons.
Before reading ur conclusions, I conjecture that silvertips would be ur favorite because of a very nice bloom.

Dig it up.

What is your opinion for HJM pure badger? I want to buy one and the price is fair enough. Does it lather well with hard soaps? Valobra, MWF.

Dig it up.

What is your opinion for HJM pure badger? I want to buy one and the price is fair enough. Does it lather well with hard soaps? Valobra, MWF.
I have one and it's a great brush for soft and hard soaps. It's soft with somewhat scratchy tips and not that much of backbone if you are used to super dense brushes / 2-band badgers but for me it works great for face lathering and it's not a lather hog at all.

Top Bottom