What's new

Recommend a Good Deodorant

In the search of all good things that don't come in a can , I was wondering if any one can recommend a good quality deodorant.
I use right now the right guard powder sport spray can . I've been using this for the past many many years.
Any other recommendation's would be great.

Thanks

Are you after a deodorant or an anti-perspirant? I've recently started using Degree Clinical Strength Anti-perspirant and it is brilliant. It's the first anti-perspirant that has actually worked for me.

Deodorant is what Im after. Im not really a Big stinker or sweat a lot.
Pusher Man is that deodorant sold in most stores?

You can find the mineral salt sticks in stores like Whole Foods or The Vitamine Shoppe. I have used a similar product for about a year and find my pits just seem happier :tongue_sm

Our bodies sweat for a reason, plugging those glands from doing their job is not the best idea.

You can find the mineral salt sticks in stores like Whole Foods or The Vitamine Shoppe. I have used a similar product for about a year and find my pits just seem happier :tongue_sm

Our bodies sweat for a reason, plugging those glands from doing their job is not the best idea.

Thanks Brian, I will look into these.

I've been using a mineral deodorant for a while now during this winter and I like it.

But to expand on what you said about us sweating for a purpose, I think everyone appreciates one of the main reasons we do it is to cool our bodies during strenuous physical exertion. Sweat is released by addrenalin during the flight or fight response. This was important from an evolution standpoint to keep early man alive while fighting cave bear or saber tooth tigers. However nowadays we more often elicit the fight or flight response and sweat not during life threatening situations but during periods of mental stress, such as giving a presentation, taking a test, meeting with a supervisor, having an important date with a special lady, etc. So I agree with you that we sweat for a reason but I would propose that this reason is often not as appropriate for modern man as it was for early man.

I've been using a mineral deodorant for a while now during this winter and I like it.

But to expand on what you said about us sweating for a purpose, I think everyone appreciates one of the main reasons we do it is to cool our bodies during strenuous physical exertion. Sweat is released by addrenalin during the flight or fight response. This was important from an evolution standpoint to keep early man alive while fighting cave bear or saber tooth tigers. However nowadays we more often elicit the fight or flight response and sweat not during life threatening situations but during periods of mental stress, such as giving a presentation, taking a test, meeting with a supervisor, having an important date with a special lady, etc. So I agree with you that we sweat for a reason but I would propose that this reason is often not as appropriate for modern man as it was for early man.

Thanks for all the responses folks. This forum is great, I can learn about deodorants , and cave bear fighting at the same time.

Cheers

Some Speed Sticks by Mennan are aluminum free too. I believe it is original, musk and a cool water type. The others have aluminum. I've been using original and absolutely love the scent. The rest of the ingredient listing resembles some aftershaves lol.

I am a big fan and longtime user of Toms of Maine deodorant sticks. I especially like the woodspice scent, and the unscented is a good option, too. No aluminum to clog pores, and it seems to last the day on me. Often I will re-apply before hitting the gym after a long day, just to keep it friendly in there.

I get mine from Whole Foods, but I've seen the brand at a number of drugstore chains, as well.

The strongest stuff I've used was Mitchum. It worked fine. I mostly use whatever's cheap. Im looking for an unscented myself. Considering maybe arm and hammer unscented.

The strongest stuff I've used was Mitchum. It worked fine. I mostly use whatever's cheap. Im looking for an unscented myself. Considering maybe arm and hammer unscented.

I couldn't find the unscented, but the Arm & Hammer Essentials Fresh is very lightly scented and works great...

I have done a lot of research on this area.
Arm and Hammer Nature Essentials
Toms of Maine for sensistive skin
And get the Crystal rock and spray. It is hands down the best product I have found.

I have some nice scarring in my pits from a bad run-in with Old Spice a month or two ago. I use either Lafe's Natural or plain old Degree and have never had any trouble with either.

I have recently changed to a Crystal stick deodorant. It is alot better then anything i have used. No smell overwhelming my Cologne at work, i do sweat a little. But there is no BO smell left lingering.

Top Bottom