What's new

Yaqi adjustable razor

I have seen a similar photo on another forum and they also had gap plates for even a better adjustable (proto type testing for ideal gap to start their SS TFC?)fine tuning of a person's shave, Yaqi has some talent in their machine shop producing interesting high end shave products of lately.
Thanks for sharing!
its called the Trifecta sand its in production

Attachments

• trifecta head.jpeg
    trifecta head.jpeg
    882 KB · Views: 38
  • trifecta plates.jpeg
    trifecta plates.jpeg
    727.2 KB · Views: 37
  • trifecta.jpeg
    trifecta.jpeg
    850.5 KB · Views: 37
someone lifted the pic from my post on yaqi's fb site an posted it on reddit.. I'm not on reddit

My apologies. If you'd like, I'll ask the Moderators here or forum Administrators to delete my post with the pic so as that you may be appeased from your apparent frustration. It was not my intention as Reddit is an open forum format with very vague copyright infringement clauses. Even though I copied it from there, I don't want you to feel as though I'm stepping on your toes here.

Again, my apologies.

Gus

My apologies. If you'd like, I'll ask the Moderators here or forum Administrators to delete my post with the pic so as that you may be appeased from your apparent frustration. It was not my intention as Reddit is an open forum format with very vague copyright infringement clauses. Even though I copied it from there, I don't want you to feel as though I'm stepping on your toes here.

Again, my apologies.

Gus
No reason for an apology. I care not one jot, don't bother removing the post. I'm not so petty as some, it was just a heads up comment.If you want any other pics of it I'll gladly send them.

Pete

No reason for an apology. I care not one jot, don't bother removing the post. I'm not so petty as some, it was just a heads up comment.If you want any other pics of it I'll gladly send them.

Pete

Thanks but, I think it would be great if you just posted the pictures yourself directly. You actually are shaving and beta testing it and it would be nice just to see some pics and any thoughts you might like to share here in this thread for us fellow shavers to read and potentially salivate over. :ihih:

Thanks but, I think it would be great if you just posted the pictures yourself directly. You actually are shaving and beta testing it and it would be nice just to see some pics and any thoughts you might like to share here in this thread for us fellow shavers to read and potentially salivate over. :ihih:
How about the review I did? would that suffice? I find that there are lot of Sinophobes around and usually all I get is negativity about IPR and suchlike. Hence I'm loathe to post much on here at all. By the way. I'm a brit living in Southern China.

My review from yesterdays shave ......

Well I'm sure we've all read/watched the reviews and notes that people have written and presented on Yaqi's solid brass CNCd Final Cut Razor. There was a fairly unanimous opinion that it was terrific, brilliant, awesome and many other superlatives used in describing how well it was made and how terrific the shave was !

Well this beauty will blow all that came before right out of the water!

Yes, it's CNCd, yes, it's fully stainless steel, and yes its highly polished, but when you bring all those factors together it brings the Yaqi Ultima adjustable to a totally different, much higher plane!

Trying to describe how smooth the operation is and how comfortable the shave was is almost beyond words. Maybe someone more eloquent could manage it after they've experienced it as I have.

The first thing I noticed was the fit and finish,…… Is stainless steel more accurate to machine than brass because it harder? I don't know but the tolerances certainly seem even tighter. Threads are butter smooth as isthe adjustment. The blade mounted perfectly with no "wiggle" room whatsoever, perfect alignment!

The geometry is the same but seems even better and the shaving angle is more than intuitive, it's just there! The high polish helps the razor to just glide effortlessly (much the same as the Yaqi Sentinel for those that have used it). This is undoubtedly the best of all of Yaqi's adjustables, little wonder they call it the Ultima.

it's certainly the ultimate Yaqi razor I have tried and as you know I've tried many different Yaqi products!

I can't say much more about this razor as it has left me speechless and in awe of how far Yaqi have come in their professional progression.

Thank you again Grace and Yaqi for allowing me to be one of the first to experience this razor. To me it's at the pinnacle of how far they've come over the last few years. Please keep it up, and for those who understand Chinese, 加油!!!

My review from yesterdays shave ......

Well I'm sure we've all read/watched the reviews and notes that people have written and presented on Yaqi's solid brass CNCd Final Cut Razor. There was a fairly unanimous opinion that it was terrific, brilliant, awesome and many other superlatives used in describing how well it was made and how terrific the shave was !

Well this beauty will blow all that came before right out of the water!

Yes, it's CNCd, yes, it's fully stainless steel, and yes its highly polished, but when you bring all those factors together it brings the Yaqi Ultima adjustable to a totally different, much higher plane!

Trying to describe how smooth the operation is and how comfortable the shave was is almost beyond words. Maybe someone more eloquent could manage it after they've experienced it as I have.

The first thing I noticed was the fit and finish,…… Is stainless steel more accurate to machine than brass because it harder? I don't know but the tolerances certainly seem even tighter. Threads are butter smooth as isthe adjustment. The blade mounted perfectly with no "wiggle" room whatsoever, perfect alignment!

The geometry is the same but seems even better and the shaving angle is more than intuitive, it's just there! The high polish helps the razor to just glide effortlessly (much the same as the Yaqi Sentinel for those that have used it). This is undoubtedly the best of all of Yaqi's adjustables, little wonder they call it the Ultima.

it's certainly the ultimate Yaqi razor I have tried and as you know I've tried many different Yaqi products!

I can't say much more about this razor as it has left me speechless and in awe of how far Yaqi have come in their professional progression.

Thank you again Grace and Yaqi for allowing me to be one of the first to experience this razor. To me it's at the pinnacle of how far they've come over the last few years. Please keep it up, and for those who understand Chinese, 加油!!!

That’s a pretty impressive write up of the Yaqi Ultima. I have both the Chrome TFC & its Brass counterpart as well and they are both very good shavers with a good mix of smoothness and efficient workings in removing whiskers. The Brass feels a bit milder than the Chrome version but, still excels at removing stubble. In your opinion, where would you gauge the Ultima in feel and performance to both the Chrome TFC & Brass TFC? Closer to the Chrome or more towards the Brass? Perhaps maybe somewhere in the middle?

Thanks in advance for your response.

That’s a pretty impressive write up of the Yaqi Ultima. I have both the Chrome TFC & its Brass counterpart as well and they are both very good shavers with a good mix of smoothness and efficient workings in removing whiskers. The Brass feels a bit milder than the Chrome version but, still excels at removing stubble. In your opinion, where would you gauge the Ultima in feel and performance to both the Chrome TFC & Brass TFC? Closer to the Chrome or more towards the Brass? Perhaps maybe somewhere in the middle?

Thanks in advance for your response.
I personally feel that the coating on the brass drags a little whereas the chrome alloy version, the original has more glide the Ultima is highly polished so is more comparable to the chrome in terms of glide. Furthermore the brass corners are sharper than than both the stainless and the chromed alloy. So far as removing stubble All are by design adjustable so if you have a good growth, just crank it up the design and geometry of the stainless is very tight in tolerance so there's very little "chatter" or vibration even at the higher settings, adjustment is very precise in the Ultima , more so than the brass an I own three brass and two latest versions of the alloy TFC. Hope this helps.
As an aside the price will be around $140 when it becomes available on Yaqi's website/ Ali express, later today or Friday

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
its called the Trifecta sand its in production
It looks like a 4pc adjustable razor, very interesting concept, it gives a person 3 levels of aggression if wanted. When a person finds his preferred gap he can set the others aside. It might be cheaper than buying solid base plates also. If it is priced right folks might try this system of just adding a shim gap plate.
So to operate the Trifecta you would add blade first to top cap and then gap plate and then primary base plate and then tighten them up for the shave.:idea:

Top Bottom