What's new

Proraso question

I just went to Target and bought a Proraso product that has me a bit puzzled. It is called Crema Pre Barba (Pre Shaving Cream). It is packaged exactly as the Proraso Pre & Dopo Barba (Pre/Post Shaving Cream) that Joel recently reviewed on B&B. Although the product I bought is called Pre Shaving Cream, the label says that it can be used post shaving as well as pre. There was no Pre & Dopa Barba at the Target, only this product. Is the product I bought the same thing as the one Joel reviewed, or are they different products? Is Proraso now packaging this product differently, or are there really two different products that look exactly the same? Thanks in advance.

It's Proraso Pre/Post. You can use it before and/or after the shave. It's very refreshing.

I tried it this morning AFTER my shave, and it IS good stuff. Thanks for the responses. Why did they change the label and confuse us? Since most people use it after shaving wouldn't it have made more sense to stress that in the new label rather than eliminate reference to after shave? Whatever. It's still splendid.

That's the pre/post , Michael

The packaging of the whole range was altered a short while back

I'm still grinning about the giant 500ml tub that I bought in Sicily, two months ago for 7 euros :biggrin1:

Proraso also has a milky after shave balm that comes in a taller glass cologne type bottle. I found both the pre/post and ASB at my local target.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
You got the right stuff, Michael. It's a bit on the thick side- applying it with wet hands makes it easier. You don't nedd to use to much, and it provides a very nice, cool soothing sensation. Especially good for the neck.

Jay's right it is on the thick side, but it's great stuff. I find it works best if your face is already wet and it works in nicely. Also if you have alum or styptic on your face the Pre/Post touches it, the Pre/Post will NOT work, it will gunk up and be useless.

I tried it this morning AFTER my shave, and it IS good stuff. Thanks for the responses. Why did they change the label and confuse us? Since most people use it after shaving wouldn't it have made more sense to stress that in the new label rather than eliminate reference to after shave? Whatever. It's still splendid.

Actually, most people (at least in Italy) use it before shaving, after wetting the face with water.
It lays under the lather and provides superb lubrication and a very cooling sensation, which becomes apparent after shaving. Great stuff!

are you supposed to reapply the pre/post before each lathering, or only before the first?

i've only been putting it on before my first lather and pass, but not afterward.

thanks!

are you supposed to reapply the pre/post before each lathering, or only before the first?

i've only been putting it on before my first lather and pass, but not afterward.

thanks!

I've only used it prior to the inaugural lather, however, this could provide for an interesting experiment. Toy around with it and let us know your results.

I think I am the oddity around here. I prefer it as a pre-shave. Some say it is ineffective as a pre-shave, but it really works for me.

However, I still enjoy it as a post-shave ointment, on occasion.

Tim

if you have alum or styptic on your face the Pre/Post touches it, the Pre/Post will NOT work, it will gunk up and be useless.

I was going to post if anyone has noticed a reaction between alum and the Proraso Pre/Post. Man do those two hate each other. I just got my alum block and it seems to help, but I really do like the smell/feel/moisturizing of the Pre/Post. Anyone know of a way to make the two work together?

Also, does this happen with any other products that people know of?

Andrew

Andrew, I have never heard of this problem. I don't use alum block myself. But I definitely think this is worthy of a new thread with a clear title in order to get the attention it deserves. I encourage you to start a new thread so as not to get lost. Michael

I use the Pre/Post before each pass and sometimes post shave balm. It is great stuff and very inexpensive!

Actually, most people (at least in Italy) use it before shaving, after wetting the face with water.
It lays under the lather and provides superb lubrication and a very cooling sensation, which becomes apparent after shaving. Great stuff!

You know, I never really liked the idea of having anything but hot water "lay under the lather," so I never used a pre-shave before. But this morning I tried it (using, of course, the Proraso Pre). I had a really, really good, comfortable, close shave. I'm not sure I'll use it every morning. As Joel points out in his review of the product, its powerful scent could interfere with the more lovely scents of non-Proraso creams or soaps. But it is a positive addition to my shaving regimen every now and again, especially when I am using another Proraso product. Imagine that: using PreShave as a pre-shave. What a novel idea.

Michael

Top Bottom