What's new

Irisch Moos Shaving Stick - Review had been posted.

Looks like nice stuff ... I wish I had gotten in on the group buy a couple of months ago.

Can you compare the scent to a major brand we'd all be familiar with?

And how do you pronounce that name? I kind of like the idea of "Irish Moss" ... but I don't think I'd want to go around smelling like an "irish moose."

I missed out on the group buy myself. I found this on a google search a little less than 2 weeks ago. For my feeble attempt to describe the fragrance, you might want to take a look at the review I posted a few weeks ago for the I.M. shaving cream: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?ltr=I&t=67323.
Just a pure guess on my part, but I think it is pronounced like this: "eerish moos", supposedly meant to sound like a different pronunciation of the obvious Irish Moss.

In a few weeks from now, anybody should be able to buy it, and the shaving cream which is available right now, on the internet, from The Dutch Shaving Shop in the Netherlands.

I just got a stick from the B&B group buy and am excited to use this tomorrow. My first impressions of the scent are that it is a bit synthetic. It smells a little bit like Erasmic, maybe a bit more fern-ish and less soapy than Erasmic, but similar.

Got my stick last night. To my nose it smells like ... Irish Spring soap. :eek::blink::prrr::thumbdown Not a good thing. Honestly, I don't even want to put it on my face.

Got my stick last night. The scent was OK - mild, a little green and soapish. It honestly was not all that noticeable once lathered. I shaved last night with it - 2 thumbs up, awesome. This is the first time I have used a CP shave stick - all my others were glycerin. The soap is harder than those (obviously) but no problems with using it. This is Tabac with a different scent and more efficaceous for me as it is a stick. With one shave I think this has earned a spot in the cabinet and probably my Dopp bag as well.

The scent is certainly synthetic (not unexpected from a drugstore product), but I do prefer it to tabac. With this product, it's the lather that matters to me, and the lather is great! I, too, am having a hard time deciding whether to mill or continue to use it as a stick. I've tried both ways, and am leaning toward milled, but want to give the stick form a few more shaves before I decide for certain.

I used mine for the first time yesterday evening. My wife and I really liked the scent. I think it's a bit spicey.

I just received my stick last night. I haven't used it yet but I expect that the lather and shave quality will be on par with Tabac, which is to say great. I am however, disappointed by the scent, which definitely isn't what I was hoping for. Again it's very old school 5&10 perfume counter type scent. It's almost a little feminine. Reminds me of my grandmothers powder puff as a kid. That said, it still smells better than Tabac. I'll check back once I've shaved with it.

My first shave with this today was really, really awesome. Yes, if you can get this cheap it is an excellent drugstore product. If you are a shavaholic and need to try everything regardless of price then this should be on your short list. I have never used Tabac so I can't compare it to that. After another week of using this I'll be posting a review.

I'm of the same opinion of it smelling like Irish Spring soap.

It lathers and shave great, just like Tabac. I happen to love the scent of Tabac, as I find it rich and woody somehow.

The Irish Moos scent is a bit sharp for my olfactory sensibilities. I had only used it a couple of times, as I ended up using the DR Harris Arlington that came at the same time a whole lot more.

I'm currently on a business trip for a week, so I decided to take the Moos with me to see what opinions I could form about it, and to see if the scent would grow on me the way Tabac did (that wasn't love at first whiff)

I have been using the Moos off and on for about a month and the shaves have been great, I don't get the Irish Spring smell, it is definitely a "green" smell with a little spice at least to my nose. I think Tabac performs better and smells better though. While they both perform very similar they are not the same soap with a different scent, see pics for ingredients. Sorry for the quality of the Moos pic, took it with my phone.

Cheers,
David

I'm of the same opinion of it smelling like Irish Spring soap.

It lathers and shave great, just like Tabac. I happen to love the scent of Tabac, as I find it rich and woody somehow.

The Irish Moos scent is a bit sharp for my olfactory sensibilities. I had only used it a couple of times, as I ended up using the DR Harris Arlington that came at the same time a whole lot more.

I'm currently on a business trip for a week, so I decided to take the Moos with me to see what opinions I could form about it, and to see if the scent would grow on me the way Tabac did (that wasn't love at first whiff)

I am also a big Tabac fan--the scent just gets better and better. Like a great symphony, you pick up more notes each time you experience it.

Is there an on-line vendor for Irisch Moos Soap?

I was too green to see the best way to go was a group buy.

There are two (that I know of, anyway): Superlather.com in the USA, also, there is the Dutch Shaving Shop in Netherlands.

Last edited:
Top Bottom