What's new

Recent brush acquisitions

I've been waiting for these to finally arrive and voila! here they are.

Simpson Chubby's, CH1/CH2/CH3, all Manchurian (extra super ) knots.

proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

And one last one with my PL14 Manchurian

proxy.php

Those are beautiful brushes, Steve! Enjoy them!

Based on your photos, the tips of the hair seem much whiter than silvertip and below the tip the hair appears uniformly dark rather than having multiple bands. The overall effect is really very lovely.

Are you sworn to secrecy about the source of these beauties? :wink:

Cheers,

Danny.......I guess that it's ok to name the source. All came from Lee Sabini, the Chubby's as well as the Polo.

DJ.......I haven't made up my mind, use em' or not? It would be a shame not to give them a lathering or two.......or more.:shaving: :shaving:

I still favor smaller brushes, Plisson 10 or 12 or nothing any larger than a Tulip 3. The optimum size, at least for me, is 22-24mm but I still enjoy using them all - variety makes it more fun.

slcsteve said:
Danny.......I guess that it's ok to name the source. All came from Lee Sabini, the Chubby's as well as the Polo.

I still favor smaller brushes, Plisson 10 or 12 or nothing any larger than a Tulip 3. The optimum size, at least for me, is 22-24mm but I still enjoy using them all - variety makes it more fun.

Thanks for the info Steve! I thought you were going to write, "I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you." :wink:

I must be mistaken, but I thought Lee Sabini had something to do with Rooney. Oh well, maybe I got it mixed-up.

Given your preference for 22-24mm brushes, it is interesting to see that you picked-up one of these in a Polo 12 (at least I think it is a 12): that looks like a HUGE brush! With all of these new additions to your stable, I'll be sure to keep my eye on the Buy/Sell/Trade forum in case you need to make some room. :biggrin:

Cheers,

dszpiro said:
Thanks for the info Steve! I thought you were going to write, "I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you." :wink:

I must be mistaken, but I thought Lee Sabini had something to do with Rooney. Oh well, maybe I got it mixed-up.

Given your preference for 22-24mm brushes, it is interesting to see that you picked-up one of these in a Polo 12 (at least I think it is a 12): that looks like a HUGE brush! With all of these new additions to your stable, I'll be sure to keep my eye on the Buy/Sell/Trade forum in case you need to make some room. :biggrin:

Cheers,

Gordon can better describe Lee Sabini's role in Rooney, the company. I believe that he is the current Managing Director. As I also understand it, he has a large collection of high end shaving brushes. You can do a search on B&B as well as SMF for 'Sabini' and glean more info.

It's a Polo 14. Huge and then some.

Top Bottom