What's new

TOBS Grapefruit

I was really excited after hearing reviews here. Let me start by saying that I love the smell of this. I am trying to like it as a lathering product. Sure it lathers fine, but I can't stray from my soaps. I was hoping this would be a go to cream. Anyone else wish this scent was in a hard soap?

i guess what I am saying is that it isn't slick enough for me. I like more slick and less thick with my lather.

im the same, I don't know if I got a dodgy tub but the lather it produces seems to have no glide and I always end up with a sore face... shame, because like you, I love the smell!

That's odd, because the sample I received was very impressive in terms of both cushion and slickness. I'd rank it among the best creams I've tried, though I should mention the caveat that it's really thirsty but requires you to add water slowly. Failing that issue being the culprit here, I'd contact the folks at TOBS and mention your experience. Their customer service team is very quick to respond and I'm sure they'll attempt to make it right.

I've had mine for a week or so, and actually find it to be one of the slicker creams I own. Definitely not soap slick, but pretty decent. With all the moisturizing properties you'd expect from TOBS.

I've had mine for a week or so, and actually find it to be one of the slicker creams I own. Definitely not soap slick, but pretty decent. With all the moisturizing properties you'd expect from TOBS.

+1 Really enjoy the scent and I get what seems like a good shave. Seems slicker then some of my other creams.

That's odd, because the sample I received was very impressive in terms of both cushion and slickness. I'd rank it among the best creams I've tried, though I should mention the caveat that it's really thirsty but requires you to add water slowly. Failing that issue being the culprit here, I'd contact the folks at TOBS and mention your experience. Their customer service team is very quick to respond and I'm sure they'll attempt to make it right.

i don't think a complaint is warranted. I will try again. Surprising the comments about being water hungry. Never see this in a cream normally.

Got a sample of it and over 5 shaves realized I love the scent but the slickness and longevity of the lather is just not good enough to compete with many other creams I already enjoy. It seemed to have loads of cushion pass one but after that it just sort of disintegrated into a thin and slick-cushion free lather. I used plenty of product and got the water ratio alright, just didn't perform.

im the same, I don't know if I got a dodgy tub but the lather it produces seems to have no glide and I always end up with a sore face... shame, because like you, I love the smell!

Perhaps try adding a couple of drops of glycerin to see if it makes a difference? I have TOBS grapefruit as well and I really like it.

Steve

I have a tub in the rotation and it has performed very well. Considering the cost/performance it is a good value if not better than most. I do mix my lather on the stiff side and shave with straights.

I'm using the coconut now, and I've used it on 4 consecutive days, which is almost unheard of! Fantastic stuff IMO.

I thought about the grapefruit one, but in the end decided I prefer the scent of coconut and the Lemon one (or lime? Haven't used it yet anyway!

the lemon/lime is pretty good. I like it.

I used some once, a couple of years back, and then let my Dad try it out. He liked it so much that I let him keep it. This week is the first time I've tried TOBS since then. Can't believe i've waited so long. No soap or cream is as easy to lather and works as well for me. YMMV as always of course....

I used some once, a couple of years back, and then let my Dad try it out. He liked it so much that I let him keep it. This week is the first time I've tried TOBS since then. Can't believe i've waited so long. No soap or cream is as easy to lather and works as well for me. YMMV as always of course....

It really is great stuff, I love it. They are one of my top manufacturers, next to proraso.

The smell is great, didn't love the performance compared to my soaps. I guess I am a soap guy.

I am not sure why... I mean about not liking the performance. TOBS tends to be on the thirsty side... maybe if you ever decide to revisit you could consider adding a bit more water to the mix and see if you like it better. I guess this is why YMMV, different strokes and all that... no pun intended. :lol:

I'm using the coconut now, and I've used it on 4 consecutive days, which is almost unheard of! Fantastic stuff IMO.

I thought about the grapefruit one, but in the end decided I prefer the scent of coconut and the Lemon one (or lime? Haven't used it yet anyway!

+1 on the coconut. Second favorite of the TOBS.

It really is great stuff, I love it. They are one of my top manufacturers, next to proraso.

I am not sure why... I mean about not liking the performance. TOBS tends to be on the thirsty side... maybe if you ever decide to revisit you could consider adding a bit more water to the mix and see if you like it better. I guess this is why YMMV, different strokes and all that... no pun intended. :lol:

I've been using TOBS samples all week. They just don't seem to cushion as well as my Tabac, Arlington, Proraso Green. I'll adjust a bit and see how it goes, I still have plenty to burn through and work with.

I did not love the coconut. The scent of the lavender is wonderful, but haven't shaved with it yet.

I ended up face lathering with this cream. I am usually a bowl latherer. I thought that made a difference but this cream is def water hungry.

Top Bottom