What's new

Zingari Man - The Rambler

This one was a puzzler to me to describe the scent profile. The descriptors on the tub: tobacco, vanilla, red fruit. Yes. All of those. Typical ZM performance for me, which is excellent. I've found ZM to require a bit more time lathering than some soaps, but a few extra swirls with the brush yield a rich, protective lather that cushions well and leaves a super post-shave feel. The scent profile. Ah, yes. For comparisons, if you're familiar with The Artisan Soap Shoppe's Humidor, that's the tobacco component for me - a cedar/cigar humidor-type fragrance, milder in this soap than Humidor, but to me similar, and not overpowering. The vanilla/tonka component is equally there, and actually follows as in many tobacco-fragrance soaps sort of as part of the tobacco profile of a cured burley or cavendish-type tobacco. And the fruit. I don't believe there is an actual "Red Fruit," but more along the lines of "red fruits." And to me that's the top part of the fragrance that lasts, but well blended with the others - Strawberry? Cherry? Plum? Can't say, but it's a distinctive "fruit" scent, very pleasant and calls up memories of orchards, baking, fruit stands, Summer drinks. A very nice fragrance blend of all components, stirred and shaken superbly well in the mix. And Zingari's "Recovery Splash" does just that - an alcohol-free splash with a witch hazel base that's fantastic for healing a rough shave, or just as a protective AS that leaves your face feeling great after a perfect BBS, and complements the soap perfectly. These will be at the front of my soap shelf for the rest of the Summer!

20210421_125103.jpg

Top Bottom