What's new

Zeniths: B27 v. B28 v. B36

TL; DR: Seeking personal testimony about three listed items.

Gifted a long-treasured boar on Dec 25th, an exclamation point of sorts to Decemboar 2021. I relish grieving its absence and not looking for a replacement. This is the closest I expect I will ever be to a living organ donor. I am, however, looking at obtaining a boar brush for daily use.

I ask that you offer opinions/experiences on three Zenith brushes, comparative only among those three brushes. I'm not seeking opinions about any other brushes or brands or asking one to project oneself into my head and my preferences, (that is why I didn't mention precisely what I used/gave away, which is unlike these, or how I lather). I am asking for your own tastes/thoughts about the items.

I'm not going to buy them all, none of the above is an option, may take my time, and may have purchased one or something completely different by the time you read this. Thank you for any attention on this very important matter.

Copper Pro Big B28
Copper Scrubby B36 (out of stock)
Chubby Scrubby B27

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
12-24-21.Denali.CK-6.CopperZenithBoar.640.JPG

I have experience only with this one, but it's a very nice boar.

5-8-18.Kit.640.E-2.MdC.ChubbyScrubby..JPG

Oops, that's wrong. I have the Chubby Scrubby, too. Another really good boar. I prefer the copper, but both are excellent. I'm not sure you can go wrong with any Zenith boar as long as the knot is unbleached or the bleached knot is a nominal loft of 57 mm or lower.

Just my opinion of course.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:
I haven't yet, thanks for asking. I think I've decided on a copper scrubby. I'm not any closer.

I'm that guy frozen in front of the ice cream counter with a stupid look on his face pondering selection. You never make a bad choice, and waiting doesn't make it taste better. And yet, some of us are slow in this spot.

Though. $40 won't break me, it seems a lot for one's nth boar (where n>1). And as strongly drawn as I am to the beauty of a shined or unshined copper handled brush-- is such a thing too, too? As in twee?

Alas. You see the contours of my nuttery. I promise a review in this thread if/when I pull the trigger on a zenith. And I think I will. And nuts could be good now that I think of it.

I also have the copper scrubby. Very enjoyable brush although I made the mistake of using a brush stand for it to dry on which caused some of bristles that touch the stand to turn green from the copper patina.
Imagepipe_34.jpg
I also use and enjoy this Zenith boar. I don't recall the model number but I think it's one of the three mentioned by the OP. I find its best with a bowl.
Imagepipe_62.jpg
but the unbleached Zeniths are the most interesting. In my imagination they absorb more water and have a slightly softer feel. They are also easy to mine the knot and use the handle of your choice. I recently replaced my 26mm with a 24 and will be breaking it in during decemboar.
Have fun choosing!

Reactions: jmd

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I know it's not on the list but I love the 506 copper handles... I have 3 506 handles... two in copper, one in black resin... they just fit my hand perfectly... but YMMV, of course. Two in boar.. one in Manchurian badger... Zenith makes great brushes, in my opinion.

Top Bottom