What's new

Zenith just arrived...no, not the tv!

So I have used the brush for a few shaves and gotta say that I really do like it. This brush is awesome for face lathering but I am still on the fence for bowl lathering. Not completely sure why, maybe needs a little breaking in still. It has the perfect amount of backbone to really exfoliate without feeling scritchy. Zenith truly makes a great product.

I was looking at the big scrubby. Descriptions and specs looked like something I'd enjoy, but maybe a bit big. Also, I had a hard time with the asking price of almost 3x what the stock version sells for (for a deeper set mod to the knot and a slightly bigger knot)... then I came across this one:

Short and Scrubby Boar Shave Brush. 24mm X 48mm. Made in Italy by Zenith. B17 | eBay

In the description the seller basically sounds like myself talking about boar brushes. The Semo BC is my favorite boar as well. And this brush was made in its honor... and the price is a decent step down from the Big Scrubby. Shot the seller a message asking for his opinion and he told me he prefers the Big Scrubby but feels the short and scrubby is a bit stiffer. I was sold. I'll update when it arrives. If it's really impressive, I might consider the Big Scrubby, the Butterscotch Scrubby or the Short Retro aluminum handle brushes.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I was looking at the big scrubby. Descriptions and specs looked like something I'd enjoy, but maybe a bit big. Also, I had a hard time with the asking price of almost 3x what the stock version sells for (for a deeper set mod to the knot and a slightly bigger knot)... then I came across this one:

Short and Scrubby Boar Shave Brush. 24mm X 48mm. Made in Italy by Zenith. B17 | eBay

In the description the seller basically sounds like myself talking about boar brushes. The Semo BC is my favorite boar as well. And this brush was made in its honor... and the price is a decent step down from the Big Scrubby. Shot the seller a message asking for his opinion and he told me he prefers the Big Scrubby but feels the short and scrubby is a bit stiffer. I was sold. I'll update when it arrives. If it's really impressive, I might consider the Big Scrubby, the Butterscotch Scrubby or the Short Retro aluminum handle brushes.

The new Zeniths are very tempting, aren't they. Butterscotch anyone?

Zeniths.2.Wood.640.4-18.JPG

These though are hard to beat boars. I'm sure you're going to enjoy yours.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I had the Zenith Short and Scrubby but sold it because it was just too stiff for me. I now own the Big Scrubby, which I find to be perfect. Zenith naming and numbering, however, doesn't seem very consistent. I've seen two different brushes advertised as Zenith Big Scrubby's. I have one that is 28X54, but there is another one call Big Scrubby that is 28X50. At $30 I think it's a good deal.
Big Scrubby Zenith Pro Aluminum Handle XL Boar Shave Brush. 28x54mm knot. B14

Top Bottom