What's new

Your vote for the worst soap ever tried

Caswell Massey 1752.

Nicely packaged, triple milled, good reviews at Amazon and if your a newbie like I was, you jump all over it.

Worst soap I ever tried. Could not get a decent lather out of it no matter how hard I tried.

Lightfoot Pine. It's a shame that it doesn't perform well because the scent is awesome.
When I pull this one out from under the sink, it will be combined with AOS Unscented cream. Might be 2020, but it will be used solely for its scent.

I understand YMMV but.......what the puck??

Since we are taking a brief intermission to reflect on some of the entries.

I'll give a nod to Wilkinsons blue bowl.
I think it scarred my lathering technique.
The only thing I use it for now is to clean a brush - either of old soap deposits or new-animal-fur-stink.

The most awful soap I have had the misfortune to use. I cannot remember what made me buy it.
Really? I know it only smells like soap and nothing else and can be a bit drying, but I shaved with the blue bowl Wilkinson soap this morning and got a great shave. I have turned down many soaps and creams in the past, but this one is a solid performer. Maybe it is just easier to bash the cheaper mainstream products:blink:

Erasmic shaving stick (veggie version). Simply useless - not even able to break in boar brushes.

But my biggest disappointment was the last version of the T&H Luxury soap. Pure crap. It created that "magic" lather - the one that disappears in just a few seconds. :cursing:

Conk was pretty awful, but Williams is the top of the trash heap (although it still beats canned goop). If I wanted to smell like citronella, I'd put Off on...or is it put on Off? :lol:

I got a small puck of soap from a tobacconist it smelled like coconuts and was made in Australia.

Just plain no good at anything.

Top Bottom