What's new

Your Top 5 Favorite Chefs

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
How could it get any better:

...and no scream or yelling or boobs getting in the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joan Roca - El Cellar can Roca (but I never want to see caramel sugared olives ever again)
Royden Ellamar - Sensi
Tom Colicchio
Julia Child - granted, not a chef
Whoever was responsible for what I ate at the Hotel Marqués de Riscal winebar 4 years ago.

proxy.php

Marcus Samuelsson is an interesting guy.

Born in Ethiopia, adopted and raised by a Swedish family, where he learned to cook from his Scandinavian family.
When he realized that cooking was becoming his passion, he also realized that nobody in Europe would take a black chef seriously.
So he chose to move to NYC, probably one of the toughest proving grounds in the world. Skin color didn't matter, but talent did.
He definitely has the talent ... he has won numerous industry awards, often becoming the youngest person to do so.
And he has the personality ... he is quite popular for his media appearances on talk shows and other venues.

Next time I'm in NYC, his Red Rooster restaurant will definitely be one of my stops.
He also owns and/or founded 10 other restaurants throughout the world.

http://www.marcussamuelsson.com/

proxy.php

Marcus Samuelsson is an interesting guy.

Born in Ethiopia, adopted and raised by a Swedish family, where he learned to cook from his Scandinavian family.
When he realized that cooking was becoming his passion, he also realized that nobody in Europe would take a black chef seriously.
So he chose to move to NYC, probably one of the toughest proving grounds in the world. Skin color didn't matter, but talent did.
He definitely has the talent ... he has won numerous industry awards, often becoming the youngest person to do so.
And he has the personality ... he is quite popular for his media appearances on talk shows and other venues.

Next time I'm in NYC, his Red Rooster restaurant will definitely be one of my stops.
He also owns and/or founded 10 other restaurants throughout the world.

http://www.marcussamuelsson.com/

I saw him on an "On The Table" episode with Eric Ripert. Absolutely amazing guy and what a life story!

Julia Child - granted, not a chef

Not a chef? I don't know. Maybe not by the technical definition, but anyone who went to Le Courdon Bleu in Paris, and who wrote what is possibly the most influential cookbook in modern history is a chef in my book.

Not a chef? I don't know. Maybe not by the technical definition, but anyone who went to Le Courdon Bleu in Paris, and who wrote what is possibly the most influential cookbook in modern history is a chef in my book.

did not mean it as a ding.

My 3 favourites.
Jamie Oliver - makes food simple and tasty. Great set of recipes
Heston Blumenthal - food genius
Shannon Bennett - Great restaurant, amazing food and good tv chef when on.

Thomas Keller. The late Charlie trotter. Sean Brock. Defiantely Thomas Keller at the top. Also I avoid as much as possible negativity about chefs because everybody has different opinions on food but seriously the amount of people that list giadda in their top 5 is dsturbing.

Top Bottom