What's new

Your Top 5 Favorite Chefs

Thought it would be fun to share our top 5 favorite chefs. Can be a local chef, a celebrity chef, internet sensation, whatever! If you want to share why, even better!

1. James Barber (The Urban Peasant) Sadly he passed in 2007, his show reminds me of my childhood
2. Anthony Bourdain - If I could steal one persons life, I would take his. Though I'd skip the drug addict phase, probably :tongue_sm
3. Eric Ripert - Seems like the nicest and most down to earth French chef ever. Plus he and Tony Bourdain are besties, how cool is that?
4. Jeff Smith (The Frugal Gourmet)- All accusations aside, his show was legendary. I could easily waste a day with all the Youtube clips available
5. Martin Yan - Another legend, his energy in the kitchen is amazing. Always make me want to go and get a Chinese cleaver and chop a finger off!

1. My lovely wife. Feeds me tasty, home cooked, minimal prepared foods meals almost every day.
2. Barefoot Contessa - good, down to earth food.
3. Giada de Laurentiis - nice tomatoes.

Last edited:
I'm going to whittle my top five down to one: Fabio Viviani. He used to have a web series on Yahoo called "Chow Ciao". From him I learned that good Italian food really isn't that difficult. Most of the time, there was a healthy dose of humor, too.

No 1 is easy - Floyd. What a star.

After that, it becomes harder. I really like Anthony Bourdain, but he's less of a chef now. I want to eat at Marcus Wareing's and Tom Kitchen's places and I have Thomas Keller's French Laundry Cookbook which I droll over...

Going by the number of recipes I've cooked from their shows/cookbooks, my favorites are:

1) Frugal Gourmet
2) Rick Bayless
3) Julia/Bridget/etc from America's Test Kitchen
4) Alton Brown
5) Giada de Laurentiis

1. My lovely wife. Feeds me tasty, home cooked, minimal prepared foods meals almost every day.

$image.jpg

1. Ming Tsai - his style of cooking is what I try to emulate in my own kitchen.
2. Graham Kerr - The Galloping Gourmet - the most entertaining, fun-filled cooking show ever!
3. Rachael Ray - I don't care that much for her cooking, but she's just too cute for words. My favorite show was "$40 a day."
4. Alton Brown - I love his show, and I really get into the science behind the cooking, but sometimes, #TMI applies.
5. Antony West - A Baltimore legend and personal friend - his skills and creativity were amazing.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
No particular order

1. Alton Brown
2. Gordon Ramsay
3. Chef John from Foodwishes.com with.....
4. Chef Steps conglomerate.
5. Martin Yan (i watched this magnificent man as a child, and he was hilarious.)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I'll see your tomatoes and raise you an English Muffin.

Attachments

• $image.jpeg
    $image.jpeg
    24.5 KB · Views: 138
I learned the most from Julia Child--her buffalo wing recipe is legendary and years ahead of the fad
I liked the late great Mr.Food
Frugal Gourmet (as said above accusations aside)
Bobby Flay, he comes across like a jerk, but he makes things simple for me to follow
Andrew Zimmern he opens up my mind.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I learned the most from Julia Child--her buffalo wing recipe is legendary and years ahead of the fad
I liked the late great Mr.Food
Frugal Gourmet (as said above accusations aside)
Bobby Flay, he comes across like a jerk, but he makes things simple for me to follow
Andrew Zimmern he opens up my mind.
Compared to Gordon Ramsey, Bobby Flay is a saint.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
In seriousness, Barefoot Contessa makes some really great looking food. I would have to put her at the top for food quality. I like Bobby Flay also. I think he does a good job of explaining how and why he is doing something. What I appreciate about both is they are not shouters. There is far too much shouting on TV these days. They try to grab your attention, I guess. Want my attention? Show me quality, not volume.

Top Bottom