What's new

Your recommendation for the best TTO safety razor

Thanks for all the recommendations, guys! I'll look into them. Also, are there any good modern TTO razors other than the aforementioned Parkers?
Weishi makes TTOs. Also the recently introduced MicroShaver (rumored to be a Weishi) promoted by Rick Harrison of Pawn Stars. It is available at some Walmarts, or by mail.

There is also the Merkur Vision, but that is way too much to spend for a beginner.

I'm not a fan of TTO razors, but the only one I have in my collection that I would use would be a Gillette Slim. Also a FatBoy, but I don't have one. And I'd love to find out what all the fuss is with Toggles, if I can ever get my hands on one.

If he's got a heavy beard, get the Red Tip.
Regular guy, HD Rocket
Light beard, the Schick Krona.

No reason to confuse a noob with an adjustable.

Aristocrat = Great shave + "Wow" factor

They tend to be cheaper than the adjustables these days...

An honorable mention to the 40's Super Speed as they provide great shaves and are quite abundant. You won't break the bank for one in very good/excellent condition.

I used my Aristocrat 46 style safety bar today for the first time in quite awhile. That is one fine razor. I think I like it better than the OC 34 style.

Weishi makes TTOs.

The above's a great recommendation if your friend is just getting interested; inexpensive, well made, comes with its own case & a mild shave - I'd also recommend the Feather Popular (this was my 1st DE) - again, well made (don't let the plastic put you off), own case, comes with 2 Feather blades & gives a good mild shave - I still use this as my travel razor of choice.

My own opinion of the best TTO would be either the Gillette Black Beauty or the classic Slim - more expensive & they are adjustables though.

Italian Barber has a SuperSpeed-esque TTO for $20 and it has great reviews. I would imagine they have starter kits with them included, too.

-Greg

proxy.php

Top Bottom