What's new

Your one go to soap for all seasons

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
One soap any time of year? Ghost Town Barber
I am almost done with my sample of that. It's good soap, but the scent is too powerful (paarfull as they say in Texas) for me. It's nice, but if it was 1/4 strength it would be a lot more to my liking.

So far out of all I've tried, I'd pick MdC.

I am almost done with my sample of that. It's good soap, but the scent is too powerful (paarfull as they say in Texas) for me. It's nice, but if it was 1/4 strength it would be a lot more to my liking.

So far out of all I've tried, I'd pick MdC.
The scent is my favorite part. I like my soap to punch me in the nose.

Martin de Candre

I’ve used most every artisan out there and have returned to MdC after many years hiatus with a Vetiver jar last month. Remarkable soap.

I enjoy a rotation of several DE razors and blades, but am a one-trick pony when it comes to shaving soap. Proraso white is the only soap that works for me, and I've tried several good ones. I must have uniquely sensitive skin-and to things other than lanolin. The one facet of wet shaving that doesn't include an acquisition syndrome for me...

First thought was Proraso Green, but if it gets really cold here I doubt that I'd enjoy that on a cold winter morning. So it would be a toss up between Saponificio Varesino Tundra Arctica, Martin de Candre Original or Fine l'Orange Noir.

MdC would probably be my pick, gun to my head. The least likely scent to annoy me on a day to day basis, while still being good enough to be enjoyed every day.

Based on performance and consistency, "The One" soap would have to be WMS for me. That's the one I've used most, by a wide margin.

Now if the question were "The One Scent" I'd be torn among 42, Anne Bonny, and Drunken Goat. But luckily, that wasn't the question.

Saponificio Varesino Felce 4.3

Having just finished a sample, I am sold. I believe that I can now safely get rid of all other soaps in my collection. I have found “the one”.

This stuff is superb. Other soaps may have good slickness, glide, residual slickness, skin feel, latherability, protection, post shave or smell. This soap has it all! With SV I have totally cut out pre shave oil and after shave balm. It is not needed and only messes with the formula. YMMV but this is a must try soap in my opinion. I am keen to try their other offerings but I don’t see how it can get much better.

Proraso Red

I fell in love with the Red early in my journey. Then the ADs hit me and I also enjoyed Castle Forbes, Cella, Haslinger, MdC, MWF, SV, Wickham, etc, etc... but Proraso Red was still my favorite.

Late last year I became a minimalist (again). Now my ONLY soap is:

Proraso-Red-Tub-NEW_2020-02-12.jpg

The NEW Super Formula Proraso Red, which is even better than the original!

Top Bottom