What's new

Your least favorite part of shaving?

What is your least favoirte part of shaving?

• Prep work (heating water, softening hair, etc)

• Lather making

• Actual shaving

• Clean-up (rinsing brush and scuttle, putting items away, etc.)

• Other

• I don't have a least favorite part.

• Getting bumped by SWMBO while trying to shave my throat

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've noticed that many people love wetshaving for it's relaxing sort of properties. Granted, it is quite awesome. However, I'm curious as to whether or not people have a least favorite part of the process?

Waiting the wot water in the faucet coming from the other side of the house, 3 mn after opening it and 13 liters of cold water in the pipes, draining...:angry:

Waiting the wot water in the faucet coming from the other side of the house, 3 mn after opening it and 13 liters of cold water in the pipes, draining...:angry:

I hear you on that. We get hot water for shaving from the kitchen instead of the bathroom for that reason.

Same problem here. Plus I hate dealing with slow running drains due to soap build-up.

Clayton

I'm on a water metre. To save water I boil the kettle and top up the sink with a little cold water.

No least favorite part of it. Except for today. I went a little overboard chasing the smoothest shave I could get with a new Astra in my new Pils (thanks to Stubblefield's last remark in the Pils thread for that choice), and peeled off a layer of skin. No blood anywhere. But man, that aftershave was some serious fire. Just a reminder to calm down with the blade pressure I am thinking.

I'm thinking of getting an electric kettle to pour a sink full of hot water instead of letting my tap run for three minutes until it gets hot. Wasting too much water.

I highly recommend the kettle. We pre-heat the scuttle and soak the brush with hot water from the kitchen, but also use a kettle of cold water to refill the scuttle and make lather with.

I voted for cleanup.

However, before I got a scuttle, I face lathered or used a small bowl to build lather. Now that I have a G5 scuttle, I feel use more product than necessary and create more lather than needed, and wash a good amount of lather down the drain. Face lathering seemed more economical in many ways, and I still had plenty of lather left in the brush for a second and third pass. I'm going to have to find a way to make the scuttle work, because I do like keeping the lather warm.

I don't really have a least favorite part. It's not that I enjoy the cleanup but taking care of your gear is part of the experience.

I voted for cleanup.

However, before I got a scuttle, I face lathered or used a small bowl to build lather. Now that I have a G5 scuttle, I feel use more product than necessary and create more lather than needed, and wash a good amount of lather down the drain. Face lathering seemed more economical in many ways, and I still had plenty of lather left in the brush for a second and third pass. I'm going to have to find a way to make the scuttle work, because I do like keeping the lather warm.

A slightly more economical way would have been to get a brush scuttle, instead of a regular old scuttle. Made the same "mistake" myself, since I don't particularly care for building lather in a bowl. It's a nice way to soak my brushes though, lol.

Kinda like, say... the Ambrose Brush Scuttle

I voted "other".. it's the wait between shaves that is the least favorite part! Especially when I've just returned from the pharmacy with some new product to try. :001_smile

the worst part for me is that I don't have enough room for all my shaving supplies.
I just spent about an hour this morning cleaning out the under-sink cabinet (a long overdue task), just so I could make room in the medicine cabinet for my new shaving supplies. (I just started wet shaving a couple of weeks ago, but the collection is growing!)

Waiting for the soap and brush to soak isn't much fun. I enjoy cleaning up; it seems to flow naturally from the rest of the process.

All of it. I can't stand it at all. I originally joined this and other forums to make it more enjoyable and not so much of a bothersome task.

A slightly more economical way would have been to get a brush scuttle, instead of a regular old scuttle. Made the same "mistake" myself, since I don't particularly care for building lather in a bowl. It's a nice way to soak my brushes though, lol.

Kinda like, say... the Ambrose Brush Scuttle

Yeah...."designed for face latherers." I missed that! Thanks for the suggestion!

Top Bottom