What's new

Your favorite morning tea?

This week it has been Earl Grey. Normally I go for Irish Breakfast. Weekend mornings generally allow me to have some Baixshaxi (sp?) loose leaf from a brick.

Golden Monkey by Stash.
Unless it's a cold morning, then I quite like Tong Mu Lapsang Souchong by Stash. It's a lot more mild than most Lapsangs, while still remaining very flavorful.

proxy.php
11 o'clock original Rooibosch

Accept nothing less.

Its light on the palate, refreshing, naturally sweet, favours a skimmed milk (if any!) As a bonus it's free from both caffeine & synthetic pesticides - All IMHO of course... I used to enjoy Twinings & Yorkshire Gold but can't stomach them since discovering Rooibosch, every other bagged tea now tastes like floor sweepings to me.

Something else I enjoy on occasion is Rishi tea... Either a "Golden Assam" or "Earl Grey Supreme", generally expensive at the local coffee shop (on par with a high end cup of coffee) but it's a rare treat and actually feels like it's good for the health, can't say the same for a full fat gingerbread latte :biggrin1:

proxy.php
Rishi tea.

Barry's in the green box. When I lived in Boston it was available everywhere- all the Irish wanting a taste of home. Out here in Ohio the one shop that stocked it stopped carrying it & when I inquired the manager told me that only one customer was buying it. Of course, that was me. So now when I drive to Jungle Jim's exotic market near Cincinnati I get 4 or 5 boxes. Oh, middle America-- where something from Ireland can be considered "exotic."

"Scent of the Mountains", a Japanese Sencha that I buy in loose 1 lb. bulk from Harney's & Sons. Recently purchased a "Breville One Touch Tea Maker", from Bed Bath & Beyond, which I highly recommend. I make a 1200 L pot which lasts me all day.

Recently located some Thompson's Family Irish Breakfast Blend at a local discount store. Used to be distributed under the name Punjana. Makes a fine cuppa.

Top Bottom