What's new

Your favorite morning tea?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I don't really distinguish "morning" and "afternoon" teas, so much as "winter" and "summer" teas. But when I was first "getting into" teas years and years ago, I would drink "Russian Caravan" (a lapsang-souchong-heavy blend from Murchie's) in the mornings.

I like an Irish Breakfast tea in the morning. Barry's is a brand I can get locally, along with Twinings. But I just as often I will have a cuppa PG Tips or Ty-phoo, which steeps quickly.

My favourite morning tea is wild trees Pu Erh, a rich and malty product of Yunnan, China. Afternoon and into evening I switch to Japanese Sencha.

My favorite morning tea is Formosa Red #18. This is an from an Assam cultivar grown in Taiwan. It was crossed with a native cultivar called Red Jade and perfected over 50 years of development. It was introduced in 2010. The flavor is a mix of the richness of Assam with the floral sweetness of a Formosa tea.

I drank Lapsang Souchong with milk, for years. Went through binges with Pu-ehr, Genmaicha, Jasmine Green, Russian Caravan, Min Pai Ooong... and I still enjoy Lipton with lemon occasionally.
Lately, my favorite morning tea is a strong cup of English Breakfast with milk. Of all the English Breakfasts, my favorite is:
proxy.php

Matcha is awesome in the morning but due to time/cost/freshness I usually opt for black tea with full cream milk or sencha.

I love iced gunpowder tea. I'll steep leaves overnight, then put them in my Turvis Tumbler and add ice and water through the day. Sometimes I'll start a second cup steeping mid day.

One day a few years ago, I asked a guy in at the office what he had in his tumbler, sea weed? He told me about the gunpowder tea, then stopped into Chinatown in Chicago and picked me up some.

I drink the same tea all day. I will change type of tea when the package is finished. Working on a inexpensive tin of loose leaf Pu erh.
One teaspoon in a YiXing tea pot last all day.

Last edited:
Every day at work, I have a mug of Twinnings Irish Breakfast from a tea bag, sweetened with honey and sometimes a Mini-Moos half and half.

On days off, it all depends on my mood. On days I want more caffeine, I reach for Kambaa from Kenya. For days when I want extra flavor and a shorter brew, I often reach for Saint Paul's of London. My dad recently gave me some Scottish Breakfast, but I find it to be rather lackluster.

Lately, have been enjoying a selection of green teas. Seems like in the hot weather, the green teas are just more soothing to me for some reason. May switch to white teas soon which are my second favorite for the summer months. Or, maybe I will just alternate... decisions, decisions, decisions, haha.

Cheers,
Steve
www.JAS-eTea.com

I have a fantastic Scottish Morning blend from Harney. I drink a lot of coffee, but lately I've been on a tea kick. This blend has great body and deep taste. The closest to coffee I've ever had in a tea.

Top Bottom