What's new

Your favorite birth year movie

63 was the year of ME.
There are several movies from that year that I enjoy. From Russia with Love, The Great Escape, Charade, and Jason and the Argonauts. The Birds also came out that year, but that movie always freaked me out.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Share 1963 with @WesternModern and @EM313. Among many clunkers were a few gems, including It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, From Russia With Love, The Pink Panther, and my favorite, The Great Escape.

The story is epic. The music is perfect. The scenery is stunning. And it was a cast for the ages: Steve McQueen, Richard Attenborough, Charles Bronson, Donald Pleasence, James Coburn, David McCallum, and my favorite… James Garner. If it is on the tube, I’m one with the sofa.

IMG_1239.jpeg

Only a handful of movies from 1972 that I recognize, much less have liked.

But one stands out far and away as the greatest of that year...

View attachment 1760140

My #2 greatest movie of all time! The film moves seamlessly from one scene to another, there’s no wasted dialogue anywhere in the movie. Everything here is done with such first class precision and looking back, I could sit down at any time and either watch the whole movie or parts of it. Big Kudos to Coppola!

This should be fun - just enter your birth year in place of the "XXXX" below and pick the move you like best from the list.

Fun, but not easy - 1962 was a heck of a year for films! I narrowed my picks down to a short list:

To Kill a Mockingbird
Lawrence of Arabia
The Longest Day
The Manchurian Candidate
The Miracle Worker

I'll have to give the nod to To Kill a Mockingbird

Booby Prize: The Three Stooges in Orbit
1954 was a banner year. The Caine Mutiny stands out for me.

1973 for me.

We used to rent Walking Tall on VHS and watch him kick butt with his 2x4.

"Enter the Dragon' I watched at a drive in double feature, years after it was released obviously, with "Firefox" starring Clint Eastwood as the main show. I guess I would have been 9-10. Kind of young to watch them, but my folks must have been okay with it as we were probably all there in the old blue Datsun.

My first Clint move as well as my first Bruce Lee or King Fu movies. Many, many more followed over the course of the 80s.

View attachment 1753622

View attachment 1753623

I believe there are two kinds of people in this world. Buford Pusser people and Billy Jack people.

We were Buford Pusser people...

63 was the year of ME.
There are several movies from that year that I enjoy. From Russia with Love, The Great Escape, Charade, and Jason and the Argonauts. The Birds also came out that year, but that movie always freaked me out.
If I had to pick one from 63 it would have to be From Russia With Love. It's my favorite of all the Bond series to date.

My choice for 1968 is certainly not the best movie of the year. But among the many excellent movies, my favorite:

Lovebugmviepstr.jpg

Top Bottom