What's new

Your favorite birth year movie

This should be fun - just enter your birth year in place of the "XXXX" below and pick the move you like best from the list.

Fun, but not easy - 1962 was a heck of a year for films! I narrowed my picks down to a short list:

To Kill a Mockingbird
Lawrence of Arabia
The Longest Day
The Manchurian Candidate
The Miracle Worker

I'll have to give the nod to To Kill a Mockingbird

Booby Prize: The Three Stooges in Orbit

I opted to just go with one American film from 1951

MV5BNzk2M2Y3MzYtNGMzMi00Y2FjLTkwODQtNmExYWU3ZWY3NzExXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzY1MzY@._V1_UX140_CR0...jpg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
1967 for me and it would have to be The Jungle Book by Walt Disney Productions. This film has a special memory for me as it was the last one I saw with my Father before he passed away when I was ten years old. We saw it together at the Plaza Cinema in Truro, Cornwall in about 1975. I watched it with my own daughter many years later and she loved it just as much as I.

1967 for me and it would have to be The Jungle Book by Walt Disney Productions. This film has a special memory for me as it was the last one I saw with my Father before he passed away when I was ten years old. We saw it together at the Plaza Cinema in Truro, Cornwall in about 1975. I watched it with my own daughter many years later and she loved it just as much as I.
That was my first movie in a theater!!

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
Not my favourite, but opened the door for ambiguity with both 1974 and 2000 versions:

Gone in 60 Seconds

I am 1969 too. I can’t decide between Butch and Sundance or Paint Your Wagon. Both have their moments. I suppose Butch Cassidy didn’t have Clint Eastwood singing “I Talk To The Trees”, but is that a virtue or a failing?
I forgot to add Frosty the Snowman and A Boy Named Charlie Brown. I still watch those with my daughter!

Top Bottom