What's new

Your coffee/tea ambitions for 2014?

It is the time of year that many people make plans and resolve to improve themselves or their lifestyle. I was curious if fellow members had any cafe plans for the new year, such buying a better grinder or new yixing pot? Or simply drinking better coffee or tea?

I plan to get a vacuum/siphon pot of some sort. I like the visual effect, but doubted I would use it very often, so have not gotten one so far.

Legion

Staff member
It is the time of year that many people make plans and resolve to improve themselves or their lifestyle. I was curious if fellow members had any cafe plans for the new year, such buying a better grinder or new yixing pot? Or simply drinking better coffee or tea?

I plan to get a vacuum/siphon pot of some sort. I like the visual effect, but doubted I would use it very often, so have not gotten one so far.

This is exactly the same with me. I don't know if it would get used, or just sit in the kitchen gathering dust until a house mate broke it. Still kind of want one...

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Got a Bodum French Press last year and think I will try a Pour Over this year. don't know what brand yet Chemex, Melitta...

I got some "last year" Bodum products on 50-65% discount from Macy's back in early December. I've been drinking more tea than coffee these past few months. Also found a sub $7 green tea that tastes nice that comes in a 250 g package. It's an English brand of tea I've only seen in some of the foreign stores here in LA. They also carry some special assam blends for that ultra malty black tea that hits the spot after a hearty meal.

First and foremost - I plan on drinking a cup of coffee each morning of 2014. Missing that daily cup because I'm down with a cold or flu, that's fine. But not being here is totally unacceptable.

Secondly, I bought an RK 2lb drum and a 60rpm motor off of ebay and an old Brinkman propane smoker that I don't use anymore, so I got to get this going this year.

-jim

I read a thread here a few days back that inspired me to start using the Moka pot again. It brings back great memories.

$images.jpeg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My ambition is to order my first infuser and a good sampler of loose leaf teas- in other words, to start another AD.

Start really digging in to the geographic varietals. I have next to no experience with African beans or Sumatran or really anything outside of South/Central America. I want to change that.

You'll be looking for a conical burr grinder. Don't get a hand crank one like the Hario. You'll spend half the day cranking it to get a cup or two. Also good to check out this channel for future purchases.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SeattleCoffeeGear/videos

I'll agree if you are grinding for the brady bunch.

I'm about to buy one (either skerton or mini), grinding only for own consumption. Caught some videos, and at best it takes less than 5 minutes for a cuppa or two.
[and I'll probably crank 2~3 days worth, a cuppa a day]

back to topic:

Of the 3 different gears I have (electric pot, drip cup, and moka pot), I prefer the moka pot the most. Second is the drip cup. It's the zen of coffee making I think. can anyone tell me what I can get a kimono for the purpose...

$japanese%u00252Btea2%25255B1%25255D.jpg
:laugh:

I have been wanting a nicer grinder for about a year now, so I just ordered a Baratza Encore. I'm expecting great things.

I also plan to make time for a cup of green or white tea in the afternoon. I have two cups of coffee in the morning, but I figure a cup of tea in the afternoon will help force me to take a break from work.

-Andy

Last edited:
Years of tea drinking, and feeling overwhelmed with the whole Puerh thing, Im finally taking a dive into some cakes this year to give it a proper go. Also espresso machines are so pretty, Sigh, I dont think ill be allowed to spend much time in here lol

Does anyone know a good online supplier for honeybush?

Years of tea drinking, and feeling overwhelmed with the whole Puerh thing, Im finally taking a dive into some cakes this year to give it a proper go. Also espresso machines are so pretty, Sigh, I dont think ill be allowed to spend much time in here lol

FYI, you should get 4-5 cups out of a little Puerh. I've tried it a few times and not my thing.

Top Bottom