What's new

Your BEST shot

I used to take a lot of pics but as time goes on they all seem to get lost. I just happened to upload these to a yahoo email folder in 2004 and recently noticed them. This is one of the nicest in the folder . Its The Steinhatchee River opening into the Gulf of Mexico at dusk.

I hardly know if this is my best, but I really liked it.

proxy.php

Me likey! :001_tt1:

I've been really enjoying this thread. It's nice to see a photography gallery that hasn't been taken over by emo kids taking sad pictures of themselves with their cell phones and calling it art.

I was asked to photograph a concert to launch the season of a club for sailors with disabilities, in Vancouver BC. (Naturally enough, named the Disabled Sailing Association of BC.) I've never done anything like this before, so I was a little nervous.

The headliners were a Vancouver traditional band, the Irish Wakers.

proxy.php

The Irish Wakers, live in Vancouver

I was pleased to capture the band and the sailboat they had on stage. It's a pitty about all the cabling over the floor, which kind of draws the eye - wish they'd been on a black surface. Anyway, I also got a couple of black & white shots, of which this is my favourite:

proxy.php

Irish Wakers launch the disabled sailing season

I'm quite proud of having got these shots in quite poor lighting conditions. I hope this doesn't sound too boastful, but it was a challenge, and I ended up with something usable.

One of these three. Taken at a Battle of the Bulge Reenactment in January. Shot with a Pre-war Kodak retina II and hand developed the film myself. I'm going back and editing these pictures via photoshop now to try and correct contrast issues.

Attachments

• $DX_226.jpg
    $DX_226.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 534
  • $DX_219.jpg
    $DX_219.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 529
  • $DX_224.jpg
    $DX_224.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 529
I'd probably give different ones for different categories, hard to chose one :)

Portrait:
proxy.php

Landskape:
proxy.php

City: (that one in analogue from long ago)
proxy.php

And macro:
proxy.php

Sorry if that's too many :)

I take lots of photos and it really is difficult to narrow them down to a couple of favourites. Here is a small selection......

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

One of these three. Taken at a Battle of the Bulge Reenactment in January. Shot with a Pre-war Kodak retina II and hand developed the film myself. I'm going back and editing these pictures via photoshop now to try and correct contrast issues.

Totally cool! Can't wait for the final product.

Top Bottom