What's new

Your best decaf

These guys have a lot of options including the Colombian, this one should be unique:

That Colombian doesn't say decaf anywhere, the only one they have that I could find is the Mexico that you have used in the past.

It came up when I typed in decaf. But looks like you’re right.

Im not a coffee guru but I liked Lavazza decaf. Made a good double shot in my Bialetti stove top. I also liked Nespresso Ristretto Decaf too. Two shots with equal amount of velvety steamed milk was my evening coffee.
Here in Japan decaf is not to easy to find and its ¥¥¥¥ when you can find it.
Roasting your own sounds great. How does one go about it? Do you need a special roasting device?

Roasting your own sounds great. How does one go about it? Do you need a special roasting device?
Yes, but you should be in luck as there are several forbidden fruit(for us) micro roasters made in JP. I have no info at all, kanji is hard to read, but I know they exist. There is a guy here, miss him, who converted a bread machine to home roast. You probably should start with an air roaster(glorified popcorn popper). The one Rick has is a real roaster, but he started there.

Yes, but you should be in luck as there are several forbidden fruit(for us) micro roasters made in JP. I have no info at all, kanji is hard to read, but I know they exist. There is a guy here, miss him, who converted a bread machine to home roast. You probably should start with an air roaster(glorified popcorn popper). The one Rick has is a real roaster, but he started there.
oh!.....thanks @APBinNCA
I will try to look into micro air roasters.
Do I need another "hobby" hmmm 😉

oh!.....thanks @APBinNCA
I will try to look into micro air roasters.
Do I need another "hobby" hmmm 😉
I am bored right now, this is the most well know one internationally:

It's not exactly cheap for the capacity, I will keep digging for the heck of it!

Here it is! I don't know anything about this, but the price is good depending on where you get it:

If that link doesn't work, it's called a Lithon home roaster

I started roasting years ago with a skillet on my grill outside. Obviously, very small batches. It was fun but time consuming and uneven roasts were the norm. I then "upgraded" to a modified popcorn popper I found at a thrift shop. There were all sorts of tips and ideas how to modify it on-line, even back then. It was marginally better than the skillet, though.

Cowboys and pioneers roasted their coffee in a pail over a campfire. It's all what you want to put into it. I'm sure the majority of it was roasted darker than Starbucks, but fresh coffee is fresh coffee. :)

Top Bottom