What's new

You just THOUGHT your pool table was nice

I can see it being a hit in pubs, another route to sell advertising space, but the question is, is it still felt topped, and is it as flat as a piece of slate.

I can see it being a hit in pubs, another route to sell advertising space, but the question is, is it still felt topped, and is it as flat as a piece of slate.

The table is just your ordinary felt pool table. What they do is get a camera to determine ball, cue, and hand placement on the table and get a digital projector to display an image on the table. Granted, they had to design some software to control all that, but you could use any old table you wanted.

kinda cool, but I would worry that it wouldnt play properly (no slate, no felt)

edit - a projector.. cool!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Nice novelty, but a real headache maker after the initial rush wears off.
And at $125,000.00 for the hardware - I'd rather buy a new regular table, a second and third Harley Davidson, 100 Mint Gillettes, and a lot of other cool stuff.

Ummm, yeah, I saw this on engadget a couple of weeks ago, and was amazed. Saying you would get tired of this is like saying you would get tired of your hot 22 yo GF walking around the house naked. Hey, anyone could get used to anything but it doesn't mean its not freakin cool. And yeah, my hot 22 yo GF is now my 23 yo wife (who still walks around the house naked) but the truth is this tech works on any felt and any slate so the physics of billiards are not toyed with and would make for a killer game room, along with the appropriate wet bar, Galaga, Mrs. Pacman and Dragons Lair arcade games. Thing is, we will not even care about this when the tech is cheap enough to do in homes, for now this tech is commercial only I am afraid...

this looks like the equivalent of trying to play pool at a rave...

as neat as it is,

it would be a pain to try and play a good game of pool,

especially once the drunken idiots at the bar start slapping the balls aroudn to see the girls in the swimsuits,,,

maybe thats the point,

i think if you were trying to enjoy the game though, it owuld be like someone shining a lazer pointer in your eye...

atleast it has an off button...

That is a very cool effect, but I can't imagine trying to play pool on that table after a couple of pints.

Top Bottom