What's new

You can do anything, but lay off of my red flannel shoes!

$295 for a leather and flannel shoe? And it's ugly. :blink:

$allenedmonds_shoes_flannel-wing-tip_plaid_l.jpg

Funny enough, I actually like how that shoe looks and I generally don't like funky shoes. Still way out of both my price range and general style. I'm sure its a very limited release shoe anyways.

In the picture you posted the shoe looks like some kind of novelty lint brush... y'know, the ones with the short red bristles all lapped flat?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
There seem to be a lot of those two-tone two-material shoes out there nowadays ... every maker has to try a few options. white with brown or black has been around for ages ...

proxy.php
proxy.php

... and saddle shoes ... but now it seems like shoemakers are trying to run new variations up the flagpole more and more: some good and some ... um ... not.

The one above in OP, is perhaps a "not". IMHO, though, this one is a good one ...

proxy.php

How on earth would your care for a shoe like that, it would be very difficult to use traditional polish and what not.

I like the red flannel, even though I could never wear them. They have both a highbrow and lowbrow appeal that is hard to ignore. Perfect for the gentlemen who has everything, except the perfect pair of shoes to wear to the annual hunting lodge dinner.

And why did a mod change the title of my thread? I think it was "Allen-Edmonds Ugly Shoes." Come on, is that really offensive?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
And why did a mod change the title of my thread? I think it was "Allen-Edmonds Ugly Shoes." Come on, is that really offensive?

It was either a joke, or a sales campaign.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom