What's new

Yet another Rubberset restoration (but probably not the model you're thinking)

I'm glad the painting technique worked for you.

Those little nuances (i.e., "painting the shelf") make them pop! Just that added little flair.

Nice bump. I think this brush has the potential to be the next Rubberset 400, it just has cool factor.

BTW what are those secret tips you were referring to, Jim?

BTW what are those secret tips you were referring to, Jim?

I'm unsure how to answer. If you're referring to painting the lettering, I have to credit Gigster for that secret (see link in OP). If it has to do with sanding and polishing the Lucite shelf, my method was pretty crude. I cut out small circular pieces of wet/dry sandpaper and manipulated it inside the ferrule with the eraser end of a pencil. Very tedious work. For polishing, I used Q-Tips to apply and buff the shelf. Not very long thereafter theretroshave came up with a great way to sand and otherwise clean up the shelf, but I can't seem to find his post describing it. You may have better luck than me on that.

If it's none of the above, please point me in the general direction and I'll do my best to explain it. Thanks!

No it was painting the lettering that I have been struggling with, I'll have to look at that link.

Yep, painting the lettering is a hit and miss thing for me as well. If the impressions are clean and deep enough, it's pretty easy to get good results. If not, it's a lot tougher (or impossible). Gigster's method is the best technique I've found.

Top Bottom